Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Applying for new TWP from within Canada

Applying for new TWP from within Canada

Old Sep 20th 2011, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Applying for new TWP from within Canada

I am currently waiting on CIC to process my application for a new TWP. I applied on 2nd August 2011, at which point of time they were quoting 50 odd days to process. Mrs Hawkmoon77 booked a flight to land after the quoted time period, thus allowing her to apply at POE for an open TWP based on my new permit.

Checking the CIC website today, they have now announced that it will take 84 days to process an online application for TWP (at the same bloomin' company). This is a none too subtle increase of 45% increase in processing times (which they claim to review weekly).

By this time my wife will have landed and of course will not be able to apply for the TWP at POE.

So.....how can we get a TWP for my wife, after she has landed, without applying online (another 84 days) ?

Neither of us wants to flagpole it.

Can one apply for TWP at a the local visa offices ? I asked if this was possible on a phone call to CIC but they said no - online or leave the country.

*very* frustrating !
Old Sep 20th 2011, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for new TWP from within Canada

Think you will find it is either flagpole or she stays and waits for you to get your TWP therefore rearrange flight