Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Applying with 75 points (anyone done this under new rules/lawyers seen this?)

Applying with 75 points (anyone done this under new rules/lawyers seen this?)

Old Jan 15th 2003, 10:27 am
Just Joined

robfromuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying with 75 points (anyone done this under new rules/lawyers seen this?)

I understand under the new rules, there is less flexibilty as to accept/reject.

However, I feel "nervous" applying with bang on 75 points. Does anyone have any insight/knowledge of people applying with 75 points being accepted/rejected.

Many thanks in advance.

Rob
Old Jan 15th 2003, 2:39 pm
Jim Humphries

Default Re: Applying with 75 points (anyone done this under new rules/lawyers seen this?)

That is the pass mark. To refuse a passed case would be unusual indeed.
The only cause for nerousness would be insecurity about your assessment of
your point score.
--
Jim Humphries, former visa officer
"robfromuk" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I understand under the new rules, there is less flexibilty as to
    > accept/reject.
    > However, I feel "nervous" applying with bang on 75 points. Does anyone
    > have any insight/knowledge of people applying with 75 points being
    > accepted/rejected.
    > Many thanks in advance.
    > Rob
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Trey Combs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying with 75 points (anyone done this under new rules/lawyers seen this?)

[QUOTE=Jim Humphries]That is the pass mark. To refuse a passed case would be unusual indeed.
your point score.

Are you implying that the cuttoff is 75 and not 67? Just curious. If you can pull the pass score is it kind of a done deal barring any wierdness or inconsistencies? Does immigreation essentially say, OK, it all checks out and the guy passed so we gotta let him in"? Just trying to get a clearer picture of all of this.
Trey Combs
Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:35 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Trey Combs]
Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
That is the pass mark. To refuse a passed case would be unusual indeed.
your point score.

Are you implying that the cuttoff is 75 and not 67? Just curious. If you can pull the pass score is it kind of a done deal barring any wierdness or inconsistencies? Does immigreation essentially say, OK, it all checks out and the guy passed so we gotta let him in"? Just trying to get a clearer picture of all of this.
Trey Combs
Nobody is implying that the present pass mark is 75 points this thread is old. Yes 75 points is well above the present pass mark and anyone getting that score is fairly safe unless there are problems with their self-assessed language and education points or background checks or medical or criminal history etc.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Geet is on a distinguished road

Hi Jim/Andrew,

Is the pass mark changed?? I 'am under the impression that the pass marks are 67 but your post suggests that its 75. Am I reading it correctly? If the pass mark is changed from 67 to 75 (when did this happen ), will it affect the applications under process or will it apply to applications that are submitted after the change?? :scared:
Your response is greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:50 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geet
Hi Jim/Andrew,

Is the pass mark changed?? I 'am under the impression that the pass marks are 67 but your post suggests that its 75. Am I reading it correctly? If the pass mark is changed from 67 to 75 (when did this happen ), will it affect the applications under process or will it apply to applications that are submitted after the change?? :scared:
Your response is greatly appreciated.
So far the pass mark is still 67 points.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Geet is on a distinguished road

Wheeeeewwwww!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Jim, you're the best.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 7:12 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add to Jim's comment - regardless how well above pass mark your score is you may also be refused if in officer's opinion you have no chances for successful economical establishment in Canada. It is rare, but it happens and I have quite few clients who hired me this year after their self-made applications were refused on such grounds regardless score well above 75 points.

Originally Posted by Geet
Wheeeeewwwww!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Jim, you're the best.