Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Applied tr to pr, IEC visa expires in 5 months

Applied tr to pr, IEC visa expires in 5 months

Old Jun 7th 2021, 6:14 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 25
Eterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Applied tr to pr, IEC visa expires in 5 months

It's my understanding that you have to be in the country to be eligible via this stream, so what options do I have if my decision hasn't been made by that point. How should I prepare myself now? What do I do?
Eterna123 is offline  
Old Jun 7th 2021, 6:19 pm
  #2  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,414
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applied tr to pr, IEC visa expires in 5 months

Originally Posted by Eterna123 View Post
It's my understanding that you have to be in the country to be eligible via this stream, so what options do I have if my decision hasn't been made by that point. How should I prepare myself now? What do I do?
What’s ‘tr’? How have you applied for PR and what stage are you at in the application?
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Jun 7th 2021, 6:26 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 25
Eterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applied tr to pr, IEC visa expires in 5 months

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
What’s ‘tr’? How have you applied for PR and what stage are you at in the application?
I applied here when it opened
NEW Temporary Immigration Route

Yet to receive an email from them but I have paid and sent all documents.
Eterna123 is offline  
Old Jun 7th 2021, 8:10 pm
  #4  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,414
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applied tr to pr, IEC visa expires in 5 months

Originally Posted by Eterna123 View Post
I applied here when it opened
NEW Temporary Immigration Route

Yet to receive an email from them but I have paid and sent all documents.
Ah, ok. It's possible a Bridging Open Work Permit may be an option, so you can keep working, depending on what stage your PR app is at by then (if accepted). If not, then you'd either need your employer to apply for a LMIA so you can keep working, or you'd need to just switch to visitor status so you can stay (and stop working).

What NOC did you apply under? I wouldn't worry about not receiving an email from them yet, if it's only been a month or so since you applied. Hopefully you'll hear soon.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 7th 2021 at 8:13 pm.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2021, 1:00 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 25
Eterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applied tr to pr, IEC visa expires in 5 months

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Ah, ok. It's possible a Bridging Open Work Permit may be an option, so you can keep working, depending on what stage your PR app is at by then (if accepted). If not, then you'd either need your employer to apply for a LMIA so you can keep working, or you'd need to just switch to visitor status so you can stay (and stop working).

What NOC did you apply under? I wouldn't worry about not receiving an email from them yet, if it's only been a month or so since you applied. Hopefully you'll hear soon.

Applied under 6623 Other sales related occupations, so I doubt a LMIA will be an option. Really hoping I don't need to blow though all of my savings whilst waiting for a decision. The visitor status is easy to get though?
Eterna123 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.