Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Applications process times updated at CIC

Wikiposts

Applications process times updated at CIC

Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:12 am

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all
Default Applications process times updated at CIC

I dont know if anyone else keeps an eye on these...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../menu-perm.asp

anyway, updated today.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:44 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applications process times updated at CIC

Originally Posted by marclouis
I dont know if anyone else keeps an eye on these...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../menu-perm.asp

anyway, updated today.
I keep an eye on it so thanks very much for that.

What is encouraging is that the waiting times at CIC London have not got any longer since they last updated it last quarter which is good because the waiting times seemed to be going up one month every quarter. This is encouraging given also that I read on this forum that CIC were ahead of the current 45 month's quoted in the AOR letter. 38 months sounds so much more encouraging.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 11:33 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Your conclusion is unfortunately wrong.

CIC reports average processing times for cases concluded (visas or refusals issued) in reported period. In current averages there are more cases with arranged employment than in previous period, thus averages didn't go up. For next few years you'll see averages go down as more and more apps are being submitted with arranged employment.

Let me remind everyone what the average reported processing time is - for example if visa post has completed in reported period 2 applications, one with arranged employment within 10 months and the other one without AE in 52 months then they will report the average processing time of 31 months.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:01 pm

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all

Thanks Andrew,

I am watching the business times, which i belive havent changed much.
also considering bailing out as i might take up a PNP offer.
and that is encouraging as London is showing 5-9 months, and the nice lady said the last 4 she dealt with were all under a year.

The federal skilled worker times will be encouraging for anyone who has been waiting any length of time.

Am i right in thinking that the provincial nominee times on the CIC site are just the Federal processing times of the application?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 1:34 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marclouis
Am i right in thinking that the provincial nominee times on the CIC site are just the Federal processing times of the application?
Yes, these are average time only for federal (PR visa) stage of process. You must add to it time needed to get PNP.