Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

application processing started question

application processing started question

Old Jul 5th 2009, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default application processing started question

Hi All
I am applying via the FSW CAT1 route and been via Sydney for stage 1 ( 120 day letter ) and then sent all my supporting documents to London (AOR), my ecas file details CHC started processing my complete file on 26/06/09 and wanted to ask other members what timeline they have experienced in regard to medical requests following processing commencement date. I understand its early days but just wanted to ask what others had experienced.
Thanks in advance for any replies
regards
joinerboy
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: application processing started question

Hey JB.

Our status is
'Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May 13, 2009. '

I'll be surprised if we get a medical request this year due to some complications in my past.

I've given up my daily checking eCas....when it comes it comes

I thought your timeline was similar to ours ?

Last edited by spaceace; Jul 5th 2009 at 8:55 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
spaceace
thanks for your reply, I received my AOR on the 28/05
but my ecas indicates that CHC started to process my file on the 26/06
so just wanted to ask if anyone has timelines
for med requests following file processing. Like you I don't expect anything to happen too soon. Hope you / me & everyone else hear something in near future. All the best with your application hope things go to plan .
Regards
joinerboy
Old Jul 7th 2009, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice

Originally Posted by spaceace
Hey JB.

Our status is
'Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May 13, 2009. '

I'll be surprised if we get a medical request this year due to some complications in my past.

I've given up my daily checking eCas....when it comes it comes

I thought your timeline was similar to ours ?
What Complications?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:38 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Hi All
I am applying via the FSW CAT1 route and been via Sydney for stage 1 ( 120 day letter ) and then sent all my supporting documents to London (AOR),
Hello Joinerboy, can I ask a question a bit off the track. I am about to post my detailed application with evidence etc to London soon. Was wondering if you included the 2nd installment of fees CAD490 with your application? The views generally differ on this as some people include the 2nd payment and some dont. I paid CAD550 with the initial application as everyone else and would like to delay the next payment if possible until I get to a decision.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Edo
Hello Joinerboy, can I ask a question a bit off the track. I am about to post my detailed application with evidence etc to London soon. Was wondering if you included the 2nd installment of fees CAD490 with your application? The views generally differ on this as some people include the 2nd payment and some dont. I paid CAD550 with the initial application as everyone else and would like to delay the next payment if possible until I get to a decision.

Hi Edo
Hope you are well , yes I did include my PR landing fee with my supporting documents . I understand this could save a bit time later providing my application is approved . You don't need to send it at this stage but if things go well they will request the money and this could extend things by a few weeks. The only down side to sending it now is if things go pair shaped you have got to try & claim it back and this could take months . If you think your application is a likely to be rubber stamped then send it now.
hope this helps
regards
joinerboy
Old Jul 7th 2009, 2:08 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Hi Edo
Hope you are well , yes I did include my PR landing fee with my supporting documents . I understand this could save a bit time later providing my application is approved . You don't need to send it at this stage but if things go well they will request the money and this could extend things by a few weeks. The only down side to sending it now is if things go pair shaped you have got to try & claim it back and this could take months . If you think your application is a likely to be rubber stamped then send it now.
hope this helps
regards
joinerboy
Thanks a lot for the advice joinerboy. I am kind of, no, actually I AM confident about my case but if can buy some time by using the option of delaying the payment then I'd rather do so. CIC is no longer the old CIC as are deciding upon applications within months (or may be weeks). And given that my application gets accepted and visa issued, my schedule doesnt allow me to 'land' within this year. So a bit of delay suite me well at this stage. Do appreciate your response though.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Edo
Fully understand what you mean & under the circumstances I think your making the right decision & I wish you all the best for the future.
regards
joinerboy
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Hi G,

Ours is "started processing on 24th April" and still no medical. Waiting, waiting and waiting some more...
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi
Walsh Clan
Many thanks for your update info & all the best with your wait .
Regards
joinerboy