Wikiposts

Application

Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

xxKellyxx has a spectacular aura aboutxxKellyxx has a spectacular aura aboutxxKellyxx has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Application

I have heard it's usually within 6 months.

Yes try and find employer ASAP.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by xxKellyxx
I have heard it's usually within 6 months.

Yes try and find employer ASAP.
Oh wow, that is fast!

So does your employer know that you can only work for a year or do you tell them that once you are in the door?

Thanks again!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

xxKellyxx has a spectacular aura aboutxxKellyxx has a spectacular aura aboutxxKellyxx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by act1980
Oh wow, that is fast!

So does your employer know that you can only work for a year or do you tell them that once you are in the door?

Thanks again!
I was initially taken on as a contractor and told my employer that it was a 1 year permit but that my PR was likely to come through in time before it expired. When they offered my job permanently I asked them nicely to write a letter to try and speed up my application.

I guess it's up to you whether you would tell them or not, but it's nice to be honest.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:12 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it's up to you whether you would tell them or not, but it's nice to be honest.
I disagree. IMO it is essential to be honest. I need to trust the people I work with.

A little bit of embellishment on a resume is expected, but If I found out that an employee had lied to get a job I would fire them.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JonboyE
I disagree. IMO it is essential to be honest. I need to trust the people I work with.

A little bit of embellishment on a resume is expected, but If I found out that an employee had lied to get a job I would fire them.
It wasn't a question of lying, just whether you tell them before or after the interview.

They would probably know anyway because you get a temporary SIN beginning with a 9.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

It wasn't a question of lying, just whether you tell them before or after the interview.

They would probably know anyway because you get a temporary SIN beginning with a 9.
So basically tell them that you are over on a 1 year permit and that your PR should come through in that time!

I guess if you just tell them that you only have a 1 year working visa they may not hire you as they may not want to have to find someone else to fill your position.