Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Appeal is allowed!! CHC Gives me a new file number

Appeal is allowed!! CHC Gives me a new file number

Old Nov 24th 2004, 11:27 am
Just Joined

migrating_bird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Appeal is allowed!! CHC Gives me a new file number. Pls adivse

Hi,

I applied for Canadian Immigration under the Family class ( spouse category ) in may 2003 ( my wife sponsored me ) . I subbmitted all the IMM forms ..I was given a File number and i was asked to attend an Interview in sept 2003 at CHC, delhi.

For some reasons i was denied the Visa .. so my wife appealed To the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, canada. and in Aug 2004 my Appeal was Allowed.

Since then i was under the impression that CHC delhi wd send me a letter askin for my passport or any other document such as PCC or Medical which i thot wd be necessary.

And after 3 months today i get a Letter from CHC, delhi saying that the Immigration Appeal Division has allowed my Sponsors Appeal. and i was surprised to see that I have a new FILE NUMBER and the CHC has asked me to provided them with Few documents like the

1.) IMM 0008 . IMMM 5476 ..imm5406
2.) Photocopies of my passport
3.) PCC
4.) Photographs
5.) Medical instrustioncs if reqd they wd mail me shortly

Now this is very confusin i filled all this forms before now i have to fill this forms afgain.

My wife did ask the Judge who appealed her case abt the duration of this processin and he said it wd take 3 months for me to get in canada now .. i have recd a letter only after 3 months

And the most surprising thing for me was i called up CHC, mumbai and she said the processing with my new file wd take 6-8 months more

Now this is very confusing ... My Appeal is been allowed by the candian govt so what i was actually expecting was them to send me a letter asking for my passport and PCC.. eventually what i get is this Forms which i filled in 2003.
and what i get now is a NEW FILE NUMBER.

does that Mean that im back to square 1 ? Sending this documents ... waiting for the CHC to send me a letter for an interview ? again .

I wd like to know once the Appeal is allowed how much time does it take ?????

thanxs

Last edited by migrating_bird; Nov 24th 2004 at 1:15 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Appeal is allowed!! CHC Gives me a new file number. Pls adivse

Originally Posted by migrating_bird
Hi,

I applied for Canadian Immigration under the Family class ( spouse category ) in may 2003 ( my wife sponsored me ) . I subbmitted all the IMM forms ..I was given a File number and i was asked to attend an Interview in sept 2003 at CHC, delhi.

For some reasons i was denied the Visa .. so my wife appealed To the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, canada. and in Aug 2004 my Appeal was Allowed.

Since then i was under the impression that CHC delhi wd send me a letter askin for my passport or any other document such as PCC or Medical which i thot wd be necessary.

And after 3 months today i get a Letter from CHC, delhi saying that the Immigration Appeal Division has allowed my Sponsors Appeal. and i was surprised to see that I have a new FILE NUMBER and the CHC has asked me to provided them with Few documents like the

3.) PCC
4.) Photographs

Now this is very confusin i filled all this forms before now i have to fill this forms afgain.

My wife did ask the Judge who appealed her case abt the duration of this processin and he said it wd take 3 months for me to get in canada now .. i have recd a letter only after 3 months

And the most surprising thing for me was i called up CHC, mumbai and she said the processing with my new file wd take 6-8 months more

Now this is very confusing ... My Appeal is been allowed by the candian govt so what i was actually expecting was them to send me a letter asking for my passport and PCC.. eventually what i get is this Forms which i filled in 2003.

does that Mean that im back to square 1 ? Sending this documents ... waiting for the CHC to send me a letter for an interview ? again .

thanxs

Mr Miller.. Mr jim pls advise
Old Nov 24th 2004, 2:42 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Appeal allowed doesn't mean approval at all - it simply tells visa post to review the case again from the start and make new decision on that basis. You still may be refused again.

Hi,

3.) PCC
4.) Photographs

thanxs
Old Nov 24th 2004, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Henok3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Appeal allowed doesn't mean approval at all - it simply tells visa post to review the case again from the start and make new decision on that basis. You still may be refused again.

Andrew, I've got a lot of respect for what you do, but sometimes you surpise me with your replies. You may be stating the brutal facts brutally.... and undoing some of the good you do. Can you be a little gentle?

Henok.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:11 pm

The process is brutal and I won't hide the facts by being "politically correct" or "sensitive" here. Original poster's impression is that "appeal allowed" meant approval - it isn't and IMHO facts needed to be stated as they are. Life is brutal.

Aren't you being over-sensitive?

Originally Posted by Henok3
Andrew, I've got a lot of respect for what you do, but sometimes you surpise me with your replies. You may be stating the brutal facts brutally.... and undoing some of the good you do. Can you be a little gentle?

Henok.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

vetal is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Andrew. This forum is ment for addressing any questions we may have and is not meant as a support group. Even if Andrew gives a politially correct answer, it does not mean CIC will change its process. By stating facts in a straight forward manner Andrew, Jim, PMM and all other experienced members
on this group are doing a favour. Keep it up.

The process is brutal and I won't hide the facts by being "politically correct" or "sensitive" here. Original poster's impression is that "appeal allowed" meant approval - it isn't and IMHO facts needed to be stated as they are. Life is brutal.

Old Nov 27th 2004, 10:21 am
Just Joined

nope im not being over sensitive .. thanxs for ur response
by the way i dint understand .. with what u said ( "appeal allowed" meant approval - it isn't and IMHO facts needed to be stated as they are. )

I thought appeal allowed is I am allowed a visa to enter Canada ? are there any more formalties ? pls let me know

thanxs
Old Nov 27th 2004, 4:24 pm

Appeal allowed means that your refusal decision has been allowed to be appealed - thus case went back to visa post for new assessment and new decision. This is why you got new file number. You may be approved (hopefully) or be rejected. Read here to see what "appeal approved" really means:

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/about/processes/sap_e.htm

Pay attention to the diagram on above page.

nope im not being over sensitive .. thanxs for ur response
by the way i dint understand .. with what u said ( "appeal allowed" meant approval - it isn't and IMHO facts needed to be stated as they are. )

I thought appeal allowed is I am allowed a visa to enter Canada ? are there any more formalties ? pls let me know

thanxs