Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London May 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London May 2010 - Progress updates

Old Mar 15th 2012, 6:09 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AOR from London May 2010 - Progress updates

3 out of 4 of us had our medicals today, our Daughter's is booked for the 30th of March as they couldn't do all of us in the same session. We used the Cambridge DMP for the medicals and the Cambridge Nuffield Hospital for X-Rays.

All was very straight forward, the Dr (Mrs Fischer) was really nice and put us all at ease and was easy to communicate with and she had a good sense of humour!

The medical included questions on previous operations / conditions; drinking habits; smoking habits; have we been anywhere near anyone with hepatitis; eye exam and eyesight test; full body examination - prod around in the abdomen region; reflexes; weight & height; urine test for everyone over 5; chest X-Rays for 11 and over; blood from adults; extra kidney check on blood test for me due to Hypertension; blood pressure tests for adults (I passed as well); resting heart rate; visual inspection of ears and mouth; listen to heart and chest; checked my pulse in the groin area, but not my wifes

We were all marked as 'A' 'Findings that are unremarkable or minor conditions'. We should get the blood, urine and X-Ray results from the Dr. when we take our Daughter back for her Meds on the 30th.

If anyone has further questions on the Medical, PM me and I'll answer them.

Mac2

Last edited by Mac2; Mar 15th 2012 at 6:12 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 8:51 am
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by Mac2
3 out of 4 of us had our medicals today, our Daughter's is booked for the 30th of March as they couldn't do all of us in the same session. We used the Cambridge DMP for the medicals and the Cambridge Nuffield Hospital for X-Rays.

All was very straight forward, the Dr (Mrs Fischer) was really nice and put us all at ease and was easy to communicate with and she had a good sense of humour!

The medical included questions on previous operations / conditions; drinking habits; smoking habits; have we been anywhere near anyone with hepatitis; eye exam and eyesight test; full body examination - prod around in the abdomen region; reflexes; weight & height; urine test for everyone over 5; chest X-Rays for 11 and over; blood from adults; extra kidney check on blood test for me due to Hypertension; blood pressure tests for adults (I passed as well); resting heart rate; visual inspection of ears and mouth; listen to heart and chest; checked my pulse in the groin area, but not my wifes

We were all marked as 'A' 'Findings that are unremarkable or minor conditions'. We should get the blood, urine and X-Ray results from the Dr. when we take our Daughter back for her Meds on the 30th.

If anyone has further questions on the Medical, PM me and I'll answer them.

Mac2
Oh well, thought we were nearly there now! Today received a letter from the medical department requesting sputum tests, a further x-Ray in 6 weeks, checking for TB for me. At least we now the rest of the Family are all OK.

Seems crazy though! Born and live in the UK and I had the BCG as a child, I do not work in any high risk area's as I am a home worker in IT. I also have no symptoms and there is no way I am going to be able to provide sputum!

Mac2

Last edited by Mac2; Apr 25th 2012 at 9:16 am.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:42 am
Permanent Residents

Hi all,

Based upon the fact I now have to undergo further medical tests, Sputum for the next 6 weeks & x-Ray on the 15th of June. As far as I know, I do not have TB so the results should be negative!

Can anyone advise, who has been through this recently, how long this could delay PPR by?

Also would this stop us entering Canada as visitors in a few months time (probably before Visa issuance)?

Any answers appreciated as this is totally unexpected and has cocked up our plans big time!

Thank you, Mac2
Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:05 pm
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Based upon the fact I now have to undergo further medical tests, Sputum for the next 6 weeks & x-Ray on the 15th of June. As far as I know, I do not have TB so the results should be negative!

Can anyone advise, who has been through this recently, how long this could delay PPR by?

Also would this stop us entering Canada as visitors in a few months time (probably before Visa issuance)?

Any answers appreciated as this is totally unexpected and has cocked up our plans big time!

Thank you, Mac2

Mac2, you may have already searched and found these links. Siouxie has some links on this page to several people in the same situation, John Humphries states it's the most common cause for extra medical tests. Seems like Canada is very hot on TB, it has made a big come back in recent years.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=sputum

Cheers
Hugh
Old Apr 25th 2012, 7:55 pm
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by gandalff
Mac2, you may have already searched and found these links. Siouxie has some links on this page to several people in the same situation, John Humphries states it's the most common cause for extra medical tests. Seems like Canada is very hot on TB, it has made a big come back in recent years.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=sputum

Cheers
Hugh
Thanks Hugh, Any extra info is very welcome!

Spoke with the DMP and the Radiologist and both have said no-way have I got TB. x-Ray totally clear and as I have asthma my lung function was tested by the DMP and found to be extremely good. Our DMP (Cambridge) said she has seen a large increase over the last 6 months in TB testing requests from the Canadian doctors and she surmised that either: They have a new doctor looking at the x-Rays who is failing more; or they have lowed the failure tolerance, so what is OK here is a failure for the Canadians. She also added: 'not a single person so far re-tested has had TB'. Either way, got to do the tests so probably not worth second guessing what their criteria is!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 1:29 pm
Permanent Residents

Just thought I let you all know. Due to using an asthma inhaler that limits production of sputum. I enquired about taking an Interferon gamma release assay blood test which gives definitive positive or negative TB both latent and active within 24 hours. It's used by the Canadians themselves to asses people working in Medicare. Even though the doctor said this has been accepted by the Canadian Medical department no problems the answer from CIC was an absolute NO. It's sputum now and an x-Ray in 6 weeks or a follow up x-Ray in 6 months and further tests without sputum. I guess I'll come off my asthma meds just to give them a sample a ridiculous situation to be in! These guys must come from a different planet!
Old Jun 20th 2012, 12:54 pm
Permanent Residents

TB sputum results are in and of course they are negative! CIC have agreed my original X-Ray was 100% clear and they do not require another. So why the bloody hell did they put me through this! Still that should be it now!
Old Jun 20th 2012, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Lisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really nice

Congratulations on the clear tests. Now to join the waiting game again.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 7:08 pm
Permanent Residents

Thanks Lisahjah, Hope they get their finger out now and issue PPR for all of us at this stage!
Old Jun 21st 2012, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

TB sputum results are in and of course they are negative! CIC have agreed my original X-Ray was 100% clear and they do not require another. So why the bloody hell did they put me through this! Still that should be it now!
one more hurdle cleared.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

CIC should start to progress appilcations after the 1st july,seems every thing is all on hold till this date

glad you got the all clear
Old Jul 30th 2012, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Lisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really nice

We've just received our passport requests!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 7:57 pm
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by Lisahjah
We've just received our passport requests!
Great news. Congratulations!!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Well done lets hope this will continue with the rest of us
Old Sep 18th 2012, 1:21 pm
Permanent Residents

We got our PPR this morning. :-)

After 2 years and 9 months. A ridiculous test for TB after a clear X-Ray. Then another ridiculous medical furtherance for Possible Chronic Kidney Disease - I have no kidney or any other problems whatsoever! Then they lost the medical furtherance report from the DMP and only wrote to us last Friday after nearly 2 more months of waiting informing us we had a week until they closed our file for non-compliance. All finally resolved yesterday and they issued PPR this morning.

All the best to all those waiting!

Andy & Fiona.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.