Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Nov 11th 2013, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Jpod
Thanks Wolfie and Will (and Witchileiz),

Yes, that was my thinking - I have copies of the original forms so its no bother to go back to 18 again and update my continuation sheet. For the travels abroad form I'll go with last 10 years however!

cheers

Jools
I just went back 10 years this time. I assume they were happy enough but no harm in giving more :-)
Old Nov 11th 2013, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jpod
Hi all - a bit of advice sought from those who have been asked to submit updated Schedule A and IMM0008 etc. forms.

The sections on Personal History and Addresses asks me to list everything from the age of 18 or the last 10 years (whichever is most recent). On my initial application I listed everything from the age of 18 as on the older forms it didn't give me this choice.

My email says (in bold) 'Please declare personal history and addresses since the age of 18 without any gaps in dates.'

Am I right in assuming that what it says in the email should take precedent over the option on the forms to only list addresses/history from the last 10 years?

cheers

Jools
It happened to me Jpod, even my agent said to just fill in the last 10 years history but we had the same email saying fill it in since I was 18. a couple of month wasted here.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Epic form updating morning!
Just sent all off to the Lawyers with a view to getting it to London late next week.

I ended up making an excel for our travels I filled the 5 lines they gave me on the form itself with the last 2 months travels!
Old Nov 13th 2013, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Sooooo how long did it take for others between sending rprf, updated certs and copr? Do I just need to send pics and copy of passport now?
Old Nov 13th 2013, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kat-b
Sooooo how long did it take for others between sending rprf, updated certs and copr? Do I just need to send pics and copy of passport now?
I received an email requesting the photos and copy of passports but there is a form that has to be filled in too, so my guess is you have to wait for that email. in my case we had to do it this way.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 3:40 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

You have to wait for a specific request to send passport copies. It may not come by snail mail so watch your email like a hawk! If you don't hear anything by end of Nov I'd send a case specific inquiry.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 3:44 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Hi everyone, it's great to see all the progress that's being made with folk on this thread. Some of whom have been around since it started like we were.

Not on here very often but like to check in every now and again. Been here in BC for 14 months now and I know it won't feel like very long until all you lot who are teetering on the edge of Visa's, will be saying the very same!

Continuing good luck to everyone, love reading about your progress (although I am glad to have finished with all the to-ing and fro-ing about forms and paperwork!)

Katie
Old Nov 13th 2013, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hi everyone, it's great to see all the progress that's being made with folk on this thread. Some of whom have been around since it started like we were.

Not on here very often but like to check in every now and again. Been here in BC for 14 months now and I know it won't feel like very long until all you lot who are teetering on the edge of Visa's, will be saying the very same!

Continuing good luck to everyone, love reading about your progress (although I am glad to have finished with all the to-ing and fro-ing about forms and paperwork!)

Katie
Old Nov 14th 2013, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yaaaaaaay!!!! :-)) I was actually joking about close of play on Monday as they only got my docs that afternoon but they weren't that far off! Just received this in an email today :-))

This application is now ready for visa issuance. Please follow attached instructions.

Soooo just need to send off my photos and passport copies next week and COPR should follow!
Old Nov 14th 2013, 2:38 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Patience has paid off! Congratulations!
Old Nov 14th 2013, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Patience has paid off! Congratulations!
I know it sure has !!! :-))
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Yaaaaaaay!!!! :-)) I was actually joking about close of play on Monday as they only got my docs that afternoon but they weren't that far off! Just received this in an email today :-))

This application is now ready for visa issuance. Please follow attached instructions.

Soooo just need to send off my photos and passport copies next week and COPR should follow!
Seriously??? Wow!! Congrats - now that is fast!!

I just sent my RPRF and Police checks today via courier, as the bank forgot to call me to tell me the draft had arrived! 'Thought I would check as they had told me 3 days, and sure enough, there it was!

So would be happy if mine come through as quick - not that we want to go immediately (well, we do, actually, but not that easy), but we can at least then let any prospective employers know we will be fully legal...

Do you have the specs for the photos, Kat? Is it the same as last time? Might as well get that sorted ready, I guess...
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Seriously??? Wow!! Congrats - now that is fast!!

I just sent my RPRF and Police checks today via courier, as the bank forgot to call me to tell me the draft had arrived! 'Thought I would check as they had told me 3 days, and sure enough, there it was!

So would be happy if mine come through as quick - not that we want to go immediately (well, we do, actually, but not that easy), but we can at least then let any prospective employers know we will be fully legal...

Do you have the specs for the photos, Kat? Is it the same as last time? Might as well get that sorted ready, I guess...
Yeah I bet yours will be ready in a few days too! Unbelievably fast. I'm not leaving immediately either but just want to have that visa document in my hands!! Know this is a bit lengthy but ill just post the whole document for you and anyone else who wants to prepare :-)
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

What you should know
• You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying plane tickets until you have received your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.
• Your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document will be issued to match the information in your passport. This will be the name that appears on all of your documents after you become a permanent resident of Canada (e.g. driver’s license, social insurance card, health card).
• If your family composition has changed (e.g. by marriage, divorce, birth, death), you must tell us now. You must also tell us if it changes before the date of your intended departure. Information in our systems must be up to date and considered before anyone can be granted permanent resident status on arrival.
• Your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations. However, if your passport or any of your family members passports are due to expire before this date, all COPRs will expire on the date that the first passport expires. You must enter Canada on or before the expiry date on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).
• The validity of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) cannot be extended, nor can a replacement be issued with a new expiry date. If you do not use your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) before the expiry date, yet still wish to immigrate to Canada, you will have to begin the application process again, and pay new fees. The new application would be assessed according to the immigration legislation in force at the time of submission.

Passport Specifications NOTE: Do not send your passport

Please check that your passport meets the following specifications
All names and dates of birth must be printed in each passport in English or French.
1. The given name (first name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Given Name line of the biodata page of each passport. The surname (last name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Surname line of the biodata page of each passport. They should match your Updated Information Chart.
2. Your spouse must have their own passport. Your accompanying children should also each have their own passports.
3. Each passport must have at least two empty pages.
4. For your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document to have maximum validity, all passports should be valid for at least 12 months from the date of your medical examinations.
5. All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the biodata page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages. Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be inserted. Diplomatic, official, special or other similar types of passports are NOT acceptable.

Photograph Specifications

Notes to the applicant
• Two recent photos are required for each person.
• Write your file number and the name of each person on the back of their photos. Do not use a ball-point pen. Wait until the ink dries before stacking the photos on top of each other.
• The photos must not be damaged or blemished.
• Do not staple, glue or pin the photos. Instead, they can be paper-clipped or enclosed in a small envelope.

These photo specifications are NOT the same as passport photo specifications.
Notes to the photographer
The two photographs must:
• show a full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing their full face centred in the middle of the photograph;
• have a plain white background;
• be identical (black & white or colour) - produced from the same untouched negative, or exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera;
• be produced on single weight matte paper;
• measure between 25mm and 30mm (1" and 1 1/5") from chin to crown (see diagram);
• have a finished size of 35mm x 45mm (1 3/8" and 1 3/4") (see diagram).

P152E (11/2011) Page 5 of 5
Updated Information Chart

Last edited by kat-b; Nov 14th 2013 at 3:23 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 5:21 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Result!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.