Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR July 2010, medical request received!!!

AOR July 2010, medical request received!!!

Old Jan 14th 2012, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

fizzyo2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOR July 2010, medical request received!!!

Just had to share our good news. Came home from work yesterday to find a letter waiting for us which contains our medical forms and request for updated police checks! We have had our AOR sine the 13th of July 2010 and we have not gone into process according to CIC website!!!

I've heard of people not showing 'In process' and getting med requests but didn't think we would be so lucky. To be honest when I saw the letter I thought we had been rejected!!!

Seems like London is on a roll! Good luck to all those waiting....it does happen
Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:51 pm
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOR July 2010, medical request received!!!

Thats fantastic news - just read a thread the other day that someone else got there meds with an AOR of March 2010 and yours is July 2010 so hopefully the others inbetween those dates will get theres too??

What visa route did you apply under - I am guessing FSW - was it FSW with or without a job just out of interest.

I have a bit more waiting to do but things look like they are starting to move!! Lets hope it continues...

Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Yes we are FSW 1. My husband is a physiotherapist and we are using the waiting time for him to pass the Canadian equivalent. He has just passed the theory exam so in some parts of Canada he can now work under licence.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:58 pm
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

Yay it’s all coming together

Is the NOC code you applied under still on the list? Some are wondering on here that if your NOC code is now not on the list that it will take longer - just speculation from people there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they process the older apps?
Old Jan 14th 2012, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, his NOC code is still on the list- which is why we were surprised that we hadn't gone in process. We wondered if they were processing the applications where jobs HAD fallen off the list first! As you say no rhyme or reason. It seemed most people on the same AOR as us were in process so we had begun to panic.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 10:49 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fizzyo2
Just had to share our good news. Came home from work yesterday to find a letter waiting for us which contains our medical forms and request for updated police checks! We have had our AOR sine the 13th of July 2010 and we have not gone into process according to CIC website!!!

I've heard of people not showing 'In process' and getting med requests but didn't think we would be so lucky. To be honest when I saw the letter I thought we had been rejected!!!

Seems like London is on a roll! Good luck to all those waiting....it does happen
Hi, well done !!!!

Great news!

We got our AOR in Sept '10 and got our med requests just over a week ago (FSW with a job offer, NOC7215 for husband, still on the list). Got our meds this coming Friday, eek!

Have you booked them yet? I found a big price difference between just 3 places...£398, £520 and £560 for the pair of us. Needless to say I went with the £398 even though it wasn't the closest establishment

Good luck!
Katie
Old Jan 15th 2012, 10:27 pm
Never Live to Regret

staceyhall71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hi, well done !!!!

Great news!

We got our AOR in Sept '10 and got our med requests just over a week ago (FSW with a job offer, NOC7215 for husband, still on the list). Got our meds this coming Friday, eek!

Have you booked them yet? I found a big price difference between just 3 places...£398, £520 and £560 for the pair of us. Needless to say I went with the £398 even though it wasn't the closest establishment

Good luck!
Katie
Wow are them the prices for med requests jeeezz they know how to drain the money outta us !!! Im only just starting application so Good Luck to all !
Old Jan 16th 2012, 12:08 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by staceyhall71
Wow are them the prices for med requests jeeezz they know how to drain the money outta us !!! Im only just starting application so Good Luck to all !
Yep that's how much they are! They were for DMP's in Leeds and two in Manchester. Not sure how those prices compare to other places but hey hi what can you do. Can't really complain as we've been waiting ages for the request!
Old Jan 16th 2012, 5:29 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fizzyo2

Good stuff!
Don't trust ECAS - it is rubbish and often doesn't show changes in status until long after you have had communication from the VO anyway.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Lisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really nice

Can you tell me which dmp you went with. We've got two adults and three kids, just trying to reduce our costs. We've worked out the cost for Leeds.
Many thanks Lisa
Old Jan 16th 2012, 10:12 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

Originally Posted by Lisahjah
Can you tell me which dmp you went with. We've got two adults and three kids, just trying to reduce our costs. We've worked out the cost for Leeds.
Many thanks Lisa
I'm assuming this question is for me...went with the New Collegiate Medical Centre in Manchester. Although it'll be a 50-60 min drive as opposed to a 20 min train ride, it'll save us at least 120 squids. Every little helps

Good look with yours!
Old Jan 16th 2012, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Lisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really nice

Thank you misskatpaw
Like you said every little helps.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Michelleld is an unknown quantity at this point

Firstly congratulations on receiving your medical!
Can I ask......
Did you need to provide any proof of background medical information? The reason I ask is that we will be taking our medical in France and we have only limited doctors notes from the UK here with us?
Do they just fill in the questions asked on the form or is more detailed documents needed?

Thanks M
Old Jan 21st 2012, 4:10 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelleld
Firstly congratulations on receiving your medical!
Can I ask......
Did you need to provide any proof of background medical information? The reason I ask is that we will be taking our medical in France and we have only limited doctors notes from the UK here with us?
Do they just fill in the questions asked on the form or is more detailed documents needed?

Thanks M
When we had meds in Canada recently, I had no notes from the UK and they didn't ask for any.
They just asked the questions and filled in the forms, did the tests and that was that.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Michelleld is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Helcat12

That will certainly make things much simpler! We haven't received the medical requests yet but I've been informed by London VO that they are on their way! Very exciting as it looked so unlikely for such a long time..... Just hope we don't fail the meds after all this waiting!