Wikiposts

AOR - Email?

Old Jan 3rd 2011, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: AOR - Email?

One user on the canadavisa.com forum said their visa office (which was Taipei) said they would get confirmation from visa office once they had received the paper file from CIO and visa office had begun to process their application.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...3334#msg533334

The visa offices reply was:

"Hello

Re: BXXXXXXXX

We have located your file in the system. However, your physical paper file has not yet been received by this office.
According to CIO's information, file has been transferred to Taipei on Nov 25. You will be contacted when file is received and we begin to process your case.
You may inform us any changes of your personal information by e-mail.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Visa Section
CTOT"

Anyway since final eligibility is now determined by CIO, I imagine the start of processing for post-June-26 applicants is the security and background checks.

But if the above email from Taipei visa office is to be believed, post-June-26 applicants should expect an AOR once the visa office has their paper file and the visa office has started to process their file.

Wayne.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The OP must have applied pre 26th June though, so I thought they should have an AOR.

But in answer to your questions, yes, they have been received by post June apps, I believe Waggle posted about it not long ago.

A have a friend who has one of his uncle working as an immigration consultant in Calgary, AB. I have checked status of his clients who applied to CIO before 26th June, and subsequent to the CIO acknowledgement/acceptance sent their complete application to London between Sep - Dec. None of these 8 clients has had an AOR . . . . . . not even the ECAS status has changed, still showing that CIO (Sydney) Review is successfully completed . . .. . .
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
A have a friend who has one of his uncle working as an immigration consultant in Calgary, AB. I have checked status of his clients who applied to CIO before 26th June, and subsequent to the CIO acknowledgement/acceptance sent their complete application to London between Sep - Dec. None of these 8 clients has had an AOR . . . . . . not even the ECAS status has changed, still showing that CIO (Sydney) Review is successfully completed . . .. . .
That's perfectly normal though. I work for an immigration consultant myself, and if they only sent their full docs between Sept and Dec, an AOR may not neccessarily be expected yet.

Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

That's perfectly normal though. I work for an immigration consultant myself, and if they only sent their full docs between Sept and Dec, an AOR may not neccessarily be expected yet.

Wow! I hope you won't mind giving me free advise here . Though this has been spaded through already from different people and angles, I would try to be bluntly direct in asking:

My complete application reached London on 21st October 2010, whether the AOR comes or not, what in your opinion are the timelines ahead? (Verfications process, Medicals call and finally Passports invitation)

I need to be clear to best possible extent for my plans during 2011, as definitely everybody else wishes to be here . . . . ..

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! I hope you won't mind giving me free advise here . Though this has been spaded through already from different people and angles, I would try to be bluntly direct in asking:

My complete application reached London on 21st October 2010, whether the AOR comes or not, what in your opinion are the timelines ahead? (Verfications process, Medicals call and finally Passports invitation)

I need to be clear to best possible extent for my plans during 2011, as definitely everybody else wishes to be here . . . . ..

Thanks in advance!
My best guess is that you'll have med requests sometime around May/June. But note that is a complete guess! And given the recent changes, things have changed quite considerably so even people that are processing many cases are week are unsure of how the timelines will be affected.

The best advice I can give you is not to overanalyse everything (particularly other people's cases/timelines, as it may bear no relevance to your own) and to try and relax about it - easier said than done I know!

Good luck.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

My best guess is that you'll have med requests sometime around May/June. But note that is a complete guess! And given the recent changes, things have changed quite considerably so even people that are processing many cases are week are unsure of how the timelines will be affected.

The best advice I can give you is not to overanalyse everything (particularly other people's cases/timelines, as it may bear no relevance to your own) and to try and relax about it - easier said than done I know!

Good luck.
Thanks alot! Much appreciated.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy New Year to you all
I thought I'd add my name to this post as we also have not received an AOR yet. Application reached London visa office on 16th Sept 2010. It is reassuring to find others in the same situation. It does look like there is a back log and we may have to wait a bit longer than usual to hear anything. (it is interesting that previously AORs were received fairly soon after apps reached London). However my fear is that we will receive an AOR in February/march and then have another six months to hear anything more. We were hoping to move in July/August 2011
Old Jan 5th 2011, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandeville
Happy New Year to you all
I thought I'd add my name to this post as we also have not received an AOR yet. Application reached London visa office on 16th Sept 2010. It is reassuring to find others in the same situation. It does look like there is a back log and we may have to wait a bit longer than usual to hear anything. (it is interesting that previously AORs were received fairly soon after apps reached London). However my fear is that we will receive an AOR in February/march and then have another six months to hear anything more. We were hoping to move in July/August 2011
I totally agree that the AORs have ground to a halt. We got ours 10 days afetr sending off pack! Frustrating I know, but you will all get there in the end.
lns
Old Jan 5th 2011, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
I totally agree that the AORs have ground to a halt. We got ours 10 days afetr sending off pack! Frustrating I know, but you will all get there in the end.
lns
ECAS system seems also to have ground to a halt. I think CIC at both CIO and VO are thinking that the less correspondence they are involved in the more cases they can get through.

So the end result may be slightly faster but IMO more frustrating.

Still, we gotta work with what's there.

Wayne.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Waggle
ECAS system seems also to have ground to a halt. I think CIC at both CIO and VO are thinking that the less correspondence they are involved in the more cases they can get through.

So the end result may be slightly faster but IMO more frustrating.

Still, we gotta work with what's there.

Wayne.
Hi,

Two questions; (1) As far as I know when you applied you were not supposed to send ALL required documents to CIO, including original police clearances and sealed transcripts etc, which were acceptable in copy. The practise changed somewhere in October, whereby you need to send everything to CIO in one go now - so if this is true you may still required to send some remaining docs to London VO?? (2) How did you learn about your PER and what does it advise next?

I am just curious to learn how the post-26 june system is treating people, as perhaps I have seen you as the first person with an outcome :-)
Regards!

Last edited by Salmanizak; Jan 5th 2011 at 5:35 am.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I've posted this on the AOR August/September thread but thought it may be of interest on this thread too regarding the AOR - are they still sending them question!

Thought I'd let you know that we received a reply from our case specific email from The Client Service Unit stating that they have our application and that we are in a queue awaiting review by an officer, no further action is required from us at this time. They will contact us if they require further information or when they are ready to proceed to the next step of our application. I have taken this to mean that we will not be receiving an AOR
Old Jan 6th 2011, 7:29 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Two questions; (1) As far as I know when you applied you were not supposed to send ALL required documents to CIO, including original police clearances and sealed transcripts etc, which were acceptable in copy. The practise changed somewhere in October, whereby you need to send everything to CIO in one go now - so if this is true you may still required to send some remaining docs to London VO?? (2) How did you learn about your PER and what does it advise next?

I am just curious to learn how the post-26 june system is treating people, as perhaps I have seen you as the first person with an outcome :-)
Regards!
You are mistaken. As of the June 26th changes ALL documents have to be sent to the CIO at the initial application stage. This change did not happen in October.
There was, however a change to the Police check advice at one stage. Initially after June 26th, they asked for them to be sent with the full pack to Sydney NS at the start, then they started saying not to send them, and now they say that you can if you want to but they may request fresh ones later! The changes were happening just as we were about to submit in late August/early September.
There have been lots of people with official communication from CIO since their app was received saying they have been approved. See this site for information - it is a spreadsheet set up by applicants to keep everyone up to date with the processing time post June 26th. It is very useful to us, as there is no information other than this to give a guide on how long processing steps are taking. The PER is the name they give to the eligibility review CIO are sending to applicants by e-mail - it isn't an official acronym, as far as I know.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...=CLDXsFA#gid=0
Old Jan 6th 2011, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helcat12
You are mistaken. As of the June 26th changes ALL documents have to be sent to the CIO at the initial application stage. This change did not happen in October.
There was, however a change to the Police check advice at one stage. Initially after June 26th, they asked for them to be sent with the full pack to Sydney NS at the start, then they started saying not to send them, and now they say that you can if you want to but they may request fresh ones later! The changes were happening just as we were about to submit in late August/early September.
There have been lots of people with official communication from CIO since their app was received saying they have been approved. See this site for information - it is a spreadsheet set up by applicants to keep everyone up to date with the processing time post June 26th. It is very useful to us, as there is no information other than this to give a guide on how long processing steps are taking. The PER is the name they give to the eligibility review CIO are sending to applicants by e-mail - it isn't an official acronym, as far as I know.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...=CLDXsFA#gid=0
Originally Posted by Mandeville
Hi
I've posted this on the AOR August/September thread but thought it may be of interest on this thread too regarding the AOR - are they still sending them question!

Thought I'd let you know that we received a reply from our case specific email from The Client Service Unit stating that they have our application and that we are in a queue awaiting review by an officer, no further action is required from us at this time. They will contact us if they require further information or when they are ready to proceed to the next step of our application. I have taken this to mean that we will not be receiving an AOR
Thanks for the info!