Anyone in the same boat?

Old Aug 27th 2013, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all
Default Anyone in the same boat?

Hi
My common law application went into process on 12th of august and according to the spreadsheet there are many people whose applications were received and whose went into process long after us who have had a decision made whilst we are still sitting in process , it seems to be that the average time for a decision is 3 days were as so far it's been 15 days for us. This processes is stressful enough without the added stress of worrying that there is now a reason we are being delayed. I can't eat or sleep I'm logging in to CIC every half hour , I just feel constantly ill , anyway the gist of this post is is it normal or should I be worried ??
Old Aug 27th 2013, 4:01 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in the same boat?

Originally Posted by George1987
Hi
My common law application went into process on 12th of august and according to the spreadsheet there are many people whose applications were received and whose went into process long after us who have had a decision made whilst we are still sitting in process , it seems to be that the average time for a decision is 3 days were as so far it's been 15 days for us. This processes is stressful enough without the added stress of worrying that there is now a reason we are being delayed. I can't eat or sleep I'm logging in to CIC every half hour , I just feel constantly ill , anyway the gist of this post is is it normal or should I be worried ??
I can fully understand how anxious you are to get out of Glasgow.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all

Lol it's not just getting out of Glasgow it's to take my life off pause , the whole process throws you into a horrible state of limbo
Old Aug 27th 2013, 4:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Depends, when you say you went in to process, did you actually? A lot of people think that when Ecas says 'in process' that's going in to process (understandably!) but it's not. When Ecas says 'we started processing your application on xxxxx date', *then* it's in process. Before that, when it just says 'in process', it's sitting in a pile waiting to be looked at.

So can you clarify which yours is?

Either way I wouldn't worry, it's only been a couple of weeks since then so don't panic just yet! 3 days between going in to process and having 'decision made' is actually incredibly quick (and possibly not a good sign if they've decided that quickly!), so that's very unusual.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi thanks
When I click the in process kink it states "we started processing your application on 12th of august 2013"
You have put my mind at some rest.

Thank you
Old Aug 27th 2013, 5:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks
When I click the in process kink it states "we started processing your application on 12th of august 2013"
You have put my mind at some rest.

Thank you
Ah, ok, so yes you are 'in process' properly.

Glad your mind is eased a bit. Tbh, if somebody has had 'decision made' after only 3 days of it being looked at by CIC, I'd think they've got bad news coming their way - there's no way background checks etc can be done that quickly, so I'd assume they're about to be rejected or that Ecas has screwed up (again)!

So personally if yours has taken longer I'd look at that as a good thing.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 5:47 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

In Process can be a bit random (just like the rest of the process).

Some people do go through quick. Some (like me) sit for ages at this stage. I was "In Process" for 60 days.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ah, ok, so yes you are 'in process' properly.

Glad your mind is eased a bit. Tbh, if somebody has had 'decision made' after only 3 days of it being looked at by CIC, I'd think they've got bad news coming their way - there's no way background checks etc can be done that quickly, so I'd assume they're about to be rejected or that Ecas has screwed up (again)!

So personally if yours has taken longer I'd look at that as a good thing.
I'm sorry but this is complete rubbish for several reasons, and you may well be unwittingly adding unnecessary stress to people. I know you're trying to help but please be cautious.

1. ECAS only turns to 'In Process' when they have started to process your application, and it always has a date attached to it when you click for further info. Prior to that, the status is 'Application Received'.

2. ECAS is not in 'real time'. Eg the day a status is updated on ECAS is often several days after the date the application started processing, or had a decision made.

3. 3 days is perfectly normal for some people. Some people go in process one day, and have decision made the next. Check the spreadsheet. Point 2 has a role this.

4. Decision Made is ALWAYS a positive for spousal and CL appls. I qualify this by saying CIC will always ask for further proof, info, or background history if they need it. Only if you fail to respond to these requests does a DM become rejection. CIC give you every opportunity to convince them before just rejecting an application.

Rant over.

And George - I am in the same boat. Processing since 13th Aug for a CL app, like you. Praying for a decision soon.

Otherwise we are at risk of becoming like Orly and throwing our toys out the pram every other day.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

so-impatient is an unknown quantity at this point

I completely agree with Markstimson with everything he said.

There are people who when they get their COPR see that it only took 1 day from in-process to decision made and those times dont even match up with what is on ECAS.

There are people with the COPR in their hands before DM even comes up on ECAS.

It is just very variable.

If you look at the london spread sheet on average it does take around 3 days to go from in process to DM i doubt all those people are getting rejected without london calling them/contacting them for an int. or extra docs.

The DM not being done so soon doesn't mean anything in my opinion, if it goes on for weeks and weeks drop them an email and see if you get a response.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hey guys

Thanks for the advice , I have since come to realise that each case is individual and I'm just giving myself and the very patient OH unnecessary stress lol. Thank you all for your answers and support and I mean it when I say you have all put my mind at ease. For those of you like me who are still awaiting DM I wish us all the best or luck
Old Aug 28th 2013, 9:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by markstimson
I'm sorry but this is complete rubbish for several reasons, and you may well be unwittingly adding unnecessary stress to people.
You may think it's complete rubbish, but I disagree with most of your points too (particularly that 'decision made' cannot be a rejection for a spousal sponsorship case - I've seen otherwise!). It was JMO, having worked in Canadian immigration for several years.

But I completely agree that Ecas is often inaccurate and out of date - tbh, I've no idea why people even bother with it it's so notoriously unreliable!

Otherwise we are at risk of becoming like Orly and throwing our toys out the pram every other day.
Oh no, anything but that!!
Old Aug 29th 2013, 3:55 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

George....you are under a great amount of stress. You are quite unable to turn your mind to anything else and are probably an awful partner, friend etc...I know I was! By the time you have completed all of the paperwork, it sort of focuses you on going, and you just want it all to happen - now! It also, regretably becomes something of a race! There were posters on here who got their PR approved before me (and yes, I still remember who you are) and I felt it was most unfair and very wrong! The average, means just that, it isn't a race, it's a process the civil servant dealing with your case, might just have gone off to have a chat by the water cooler....be patient! They don't refuse many family class applications...they did come back to me with certain things they wanted clarified though...it is the fastest and easiest route to Canada and we are very fortunate, give it time
Old Aug 29th 2013, 4:39 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

The whole process can be massively stressful and frustrating, and honestly having a fit and throwing toys out of the pram and checking ECAS incessantly isn't going to solve anything... I know it's hard but the best bet is to just sit back and trust that it will happen. It's hard not to read into other people's timelines, I certainly did it myself, but ultimately it's going to go how it's going to go, and stressing about it isn't accomplishing anything except making you more stressed out, and then making you grumpy to those around you... and then you throw your toys out of the pram on a forum... and... well, yeah.

Honestly, just sit back, force yourself NOT to check ECAS more than once a week, twice at the most, and instead focus your efforts on helping others around here who have questions and helping them prepare to file their applications. ECAS is notoriously unreliable (I've said it a million times -- in our case, it only updated to "Decision Made" 4 days AFTER we heard from CIC saying we'd been approved!), so checking it madly accomplishes nothing except increasing stress levels.

CHILL OUT, DUDE.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly

CHILL OUT, DUDE.
Easier said then done

People have different personalities, so some individuals, like me from time to time, find venting on here is a catharsis and a good way of sharing some woes with people going through the same process.

So although your advice is good, let people blow off some steam eh!

I think with the passage of time, one can easily forget the significance of what these visas mean in our lives.

This reminds me of potentially the only facebook spam that I enjoyed recently. It was a sign which said "Everyone you meet is a fighting a battle that you know nothing about. Treat people patiently".

This a general point - not a go at you by the way as you're always helpful!
Old Aug 29th 2013, 9:40 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Easier said then done

People have different personalities, so some individuals, like me from time to time, find venting on here is a catharsis and a good way of sharing some woes with people going through the same process.

So although your advice is good, let people blow off some steam eh!
Oh I get that, don't think I'm betting insensitive, I'm simply trying to present the "sane" argument because when everyone starts collectively freaking out the result is mob mentality panic and general loss of reason! So I think some of the "calmer" posters take the role of talking people off the ledge.

I think with the passage of time, one can easily forget the significance of what these visas mean in our lives.

This reminds me of potentially the only facebook spam that I enjoyed recently. It was a sign which said "Everyone you meet is a fighting a battle that you know nothing about. Treat people patiently".
I think everyone here understands the importance, actually. People go down this route for family, for life, for children... it's too big of a pain in the backside and too expensive to do it just for the fun of it. Reasons may vary, but the importance I don't think is lost on anyone. In fact, I think posters here get MORE support because the others "get it", have been through it themselves, abs understand the significance, the struggles, and the frustrations.

This a general point - not a go at you by the way as you're always helpful!
Thanks, people were very helpful to me when I was applying, so I am trying to pay it forward (and I rather enjoy it!).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.