Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone recomend an Uk Immigration Company?

Anyone recomend an Uk Immigration Company?

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

teeoffchris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone recomend an Uk Immigration Company?

Hi All

can anyone recommend a good UK immigration company? We have details of a company called "************ ****" in Egham, but I am always wary when sending through my visa details. They want £145 to prepare a report for us once they feel we are eligibile, which will detail everything we need to know about the process and costs. Would you say it was best to use a UK or Canadian Company to help me through the process?

Chris and Tracey
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:59 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone recomend an Uk Immigration Company?

First please read on Canadian government's immigration website who can represent you in Canadian immigration process, advise and consult you for a fee, as representative must be authorized:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...hat.html#note2

Most companies offering services outside Canada are not authorized representatives, they are at best just a middlemen. Hire an authorized immigration practitioner based in Canada.

Originally Posted by teeoffchris
Hi All

can anyone recommend a good UK immigration company? We have details of a company called "********** ****" in Egham, but I am always wary when sending through my visa details. They want £145 to prepare a report for us once they feel we are eligibile, which will detail everything we need to know about the process and costs. Would you say it was best to use a UK or Canadian Company to help me through the process?

Chris and Tracey
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 3:41 pm

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

Hi All

can anyone recommend a good UK immigration company? We have details of a company called "*********** ****" in Egham, but I am always wary when sending through my visa details. They want £145 to prepare a report for us once they feel we are eligibile, which will detail everything we need to know about the process and costs. Would you say it was best to use a UK or Canadian Company to help me through the process?

Chris and Tracey
You really should consider doing it yourself. As long as you read the forms and questions carefully it is very simple.

If you employ an immigration company you will still have to provide all the paperwork yourself and source all the info, so not really sure what you gain, other than a decreased amount in your bank account.

They can not speed up the process for you, indeed some people say they delay the process as when CIC do get in touch it has to go to the immigration company first, then to you, rather that to you direct.

This is only my opinion, but I think you will find the majority of people here have gone through the process themselves. As long as you answer questions fully and provide the info required, package it up neatly, then you should have no problems.

Best of luck
Jane
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 3:56 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice suggestion. But maybe you would be able to explain why we still have refusal rate hovering around 50% mark? I think you already explained it - "the majority of people here have gone through the process themselves"....

Fact that some were able to get through the process on their own doesn't mean that everyone can. Those 50% refused were also sure that they qualified, that they had "straightforward case" and that they prepared solid and conclusive application package. What went wrong then?

Originally Posted by Canada Jane
You really should consider doing it yourself. As long as you read the forms and questions carefully it is very simple.

If you employ an immigration company you will still have to provide all the paperwork yourself and source all the info, so not really sure what you gain, other than a decreased amount in your bank account.

They can not speed up the process for you, indeed some people say they delay the process as when CIC do get in touch it has to go to the immigration company first, then to you, rather that to you direct.

This is only my opinion, but I think you will find the majority of people here have gone through the process themselves. As long as you answer questions fully and provide the info required, package it up neatly, then you should have no problems.

Best of luck
Jane
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

But maybe you would be able to explain why we still have refusal rate hovering around 50% mark?
I would be interested to know just what 'our' refusal rate actually is. Of the hundreds of British people who've posted here over the last couple of years I remember about half a dozen refusals, mostly for medical reasons which they can do nothing about. Similarly, on the Canadian Immigration email list I'm a member of, I remember only one refusal and that was one of the people who also posted here.

It's certainly possible that many people are being refused and not bothering to return here, but that seems unlikely: if I was refused when I legitimately qualified for a visa, I'd be wanting to know what to do about it. So I have a hard time believing that 'we' have a 50% refusal rate.

On the other hand, given the number of people I see posting to various sites in broken English asking how they can avoid taking the English language test, or asking how their 'friend' can emigrate despite a criminal past, a 50% world-wide refusal rate wouldn't surprise me at all.

Of course if the extreme reading of the new white letters is correct and CHC are not going to ask for any futher supporting documentation in future in cases where the application isn't 100% conclusive and just turn it down instead, that might change. But we'll have to see what happens with that after October 25th.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

teeoffchris is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all this has give us some food for thought already.

I get the feeling I should be posting a Tread on information on the sequence of how to apply DIY style i.e which is the best route to take.

Our dream is to move to PEI and open B&B but not sure we can afford entrepreneur route. I am a carpenter by trade although currently site manager (but you never loose your trade) & Tracey is a PA for a director. Research tells me that canada seems to have a shortage of of trades persons so I am leaning towards the skilled workers application.

lol no doubt by the time we have submitted our forms you will all be sick of the sight of us :scared:

Cheers

Chris & Tracey
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 5:50 pm

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

Thanks all this has give us some food for thought already.

I get the feeling I should be posting a Tread on information on the sequence of how to apply DIY style i.e which is the best route to take.

Our dream is to move to PEI and open B&B but not sure we can afford entrepreneur route. I am a carpenter by trade although currently site manager (but you never loose your trade) & Tracey is a PA for a director. Research tells me that canada seems to have a shortage of of trades persons so I am leaning towards the skilled workers application.

lol no doubt by the time we have submitted our forms you will all be sick of the sight of us :scared:

Cheers

Chris & Tracey
You might want to take a look at the PEI PNP as this would be the quickest way into Canada if you fit any of the criteria. Once there you can change careers and do what you like.

I haven't looked at it in detail, but this is the link

http://www.gov.pe.ca/immigration/ind...1014385&lang=E