Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone know how long it should take to receive AOR on application?

Anyone know how long it should take to receive AOR on application?

Old Sep 2nd 2013, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

IrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really nice
Default Anyone know how long it should take to receive AOR on application?

I am new to this forum and am hoping someone can give me some advice.

I have been accepted for BC PNP and submitted my completed application to Nova Scotia in July. I have a proof of delivery for the 25th July but have still not received my AOR. Is it normal to take this long? I know there has been a strike but I would have expected to have heard something by now.

I have also been searching for a direct phone number to try and call but have had little success.

Last edited by IrishDaz; Sep 2nd 2013 at 4:25 pm. Reason: Wrong wording
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

ookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone know how long it should take to receive AOR on application?

Hi sounds as if we are in the same boat I have ANIP sent my application to Novia Scotia have a receipt to say it was delivered on July 26th and we are still waiting.

With regards to the strike I have been told it does not affect applications made inside of Canada.

Sorry I know this does not answer your question but at least we know we are both in the same sort of timeline I will keep you posted when I hear anything
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 4:21 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

If you still haven't heard at the end of 6 weeks you can email the Sydney NS office. Don't forget to include your UCI number, name, date of birth etc.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...next_steps.asp

CIO‑Sydney‑Search‑[email protected].

Old Sep 3rd 2013, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

IrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really nice

Thanks for the responses.
It's good to know that i'm not the only one waiting.

Will keep in touch and let you know if I can hear anything.

I will also email them this week, thanks for the address.
Fingers crossed
Old Sep 8th 2013, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

ookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Just thought I would say we are still waiting! Did you send an email? Have you had any response?
Old Sep 9th 2013, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Nope, I have not heard anything.
I sent an email on Friday so I am hoping someone will eventually reply.

I was initially told the whole process should talk between 8-12 months but it's not looking good if 2 months have went by and I still don't even know if the application is received!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

I was initially told 6 months! as you say not looking good if we haven't even received notification of receipt of the applications yet.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 5:15 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried checking your application status online?

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en
Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

I don't have any sort of identification number to allow me access to view the status.
I have called the BC PNP and they said there is nothing I can do apart from wait.
Thanks anyway though.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by IrishDaz
I don't have any sort of identification number to allow me access to view the status.
I have called the BC PNP and they said there is nothing I can do apart from wait.
Thanks anyway though.
Did you pay any fees to CIC for processing? You can use the fee receipt number if you did.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ECAS.jsp

Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

We included a money order in our application so it was already paid our of our bank, so we have no idea of knowing any receipt number etc. Paying by money order is not looking like such a good idea.

It's a vicious circle because CIC will not even talk to me without an ID number.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 4:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by IrishDaz
We included a money order in our application so it was already paid our of our bank, so we have no idea of knowing any receipt number etc. Paying by money order is not looking like such a good idea.

It's a vicious circle because CIC will not even talk to me without an ID number.
Doesn't your work permit have a Client ID number on it?

‘UCI’ is your Client ID Number (8 digit number on your work permit) - it looks like: 0000-0000

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 10th 2013 at 4:05 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

I didn't think of that. It's only an IEC 1 year work permit but I will check now.

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

The UCI number on my work permit will not work. It says that I must have an application in progress in order for a status update and that my details are not recognised.

It seems that the processing times for PNP within Canada are no longer on the CIC website, unless I am looking in the wrong place.
I have also noticed that processing times are much longer than the last time I looked. For example, London is now 27 months! I am sure the last time I looked it was under 12.

I am starting to regret the PNP option. CEC looks a more quick and simple process.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, I have just found that Ottawa is currently 16 months. Trying to multi-task is not a very good idea for me :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.