Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone got 120 day letter from NS?

Anyone got 120 day letter from NS?

Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future
Default Anyone got 120 day letter from NS?

Hi

Is anyone online who has applied for FSW Cat 1 (new regs since Nov 08) and got 120 day letter from NS?

If so, what's your status on ECAS as just checked mine and says 'withdrawn'!!!
I'm trying to find out if that happens when being transferred from NS to London as I def haven't withdrawn mine and am very worried!!

Let me know if you have got 120 day letter

Lucy
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:01 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got 120 day letter from NS?

Hi

Originally Posted by lucycrow
Hi

Is anyone online who has applied for FSW Cat 1 (new regs since Nov 08) and got 120 day letter from NS?

If so, what's your status on ECAS as just checked mine and says 'withdrawn'!!!
I'm trying to find out if that happens when being transferred from NS to London as I def haven't withdrawn mine and am very worried!!

Let me know if you have got 120 day letter

Lucy
IMHO Sydney when they make the positive decision and forward it to an overseas office will withdraw the application from CAIPS so that the overseas office can input the same application. CAIPS, like most computer systems doesn't like 2 pieces of data exactly the same, but with different file numbers. Actually there is a way around it, by merging the 2 files, but it is a pain.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Hi PMM

Thanks for your post and explaining how the system works. Wish they could just put transferred as was in a state of panic!

Thanks again for the info

Lucy
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Ours is exactly the same Lucy and after the initial shock I searched for others on other forums and there are definitely more like us with status withdrawn, when we didn't withdraw our application! So don't worry about this, I'm sorry I checked it at all now!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Walsh Clan

Thanks for your post. I feel the same- wish I hadn't checked it but must just be while it is between NS and London!

We don't need any more stress than we already have, do we?!!!

Thanks again and best of luck with the next stage of your application

Lucy
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

I certainly won't be checking ECAS until after I submit all supporting documentation. I have enough stress as it is!

Glad to here that it sounds like there's no problem with your application, lucycrow and it's just poor wording on ECAS.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Mark.

Yes don't even think about checking it (no idea why I did but certainly won't be again until everything has gone in!) Just getting the docs together now and waiting for French test results (argh!) so hopefully will have everything in by the end of the month.

Just found out that the medical people are only sending my medical results for my BUNAC visa today to the HIgh Commission (we want to get out there asap so trying to go via BUNAC first) even though they were ready to go on Friday! It's so difficult not being in control but trying to chill out about it!

Thanks again for all your help!

Lucy
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Got reply from CHC LOndon (very quick). See below:

Thank you for your email.

You recently received a letter from CPC Sydney asking you to submit your application and supporting documents to our office in London, UK.

The file number provided in the letter was issued by CPC Sydney who creates a file in their system in order to assess your eligibility to apply for immigration. Once CPC Sydney has made this determination, their file is withdrawn from their system and a letter is sent to the applicant advising them of their eligibility to apply for immigration. The file number issued by CPC Sydney is not valid to view the progress of your application as your file will no longer be handled by CPC Sydney but by the immigration office where you were instructed to send your application.

Once you submit your application and supporting documents to our office in London, UK, you will receive a new file number which you will be able to use in e-CAS to view the status of your application in process at our office.

We apologise for the confusion this may cause.

Please comply with the instructions you received from CPC Sydney.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit