Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else having a hard time before even creating an Express Entry profile?

Wikiposts

Is anyone else having a hard time before even creating an Express Entry profile?

Old Apr 5th 2019, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

ph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone else having a hard time before even creating an Express Entry prof

Originally Posted by G0ldie
I think that they should be able to accommodate to your issue (with a medical note). Have a look:

https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org...l-arrangements
Thanks a lot for this.. this might be an option. I'll call them up and ask if a doctor's note is enough evidence for them to allow me to type up the writing test. If so, then I'll book a doctor's appointment.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 1:18 am
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone else having a hard time before even creating an Express Entry prof

Originally Posted by ph2020
Thanks a lot for this.. this might be an option. I'll call them up and ask if a doctor's note is enough evidence for them to allow me to type up the writing test. If so, then I'll book a doctor's appointment.
I think it mentions the test centre so, ring the test centre where you took your last test or where your planning on doing it.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 1:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

This is actually not a bad idea.. I can visit Toronto since I wanted to do that anyway before moving, and whack the tests there in one go.. if they're definitely computer based then it would make my life 100x easier. Would I need a Canadian address or could my results be emailed to me here in the UK?
No need for a Canadian address at all. If you're going to Toronto anyway, then I'd book a CELPIP for when you're there and hopefully that will get you the scores you need.

Good luck.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

ph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond reputeph2020 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all! I've entered the IEC pool even though there are like 260 spots left and 4000 people in the pool. If I got an invite before I might get lucky again. I checked True Traveller and it's about £500 for a 2-year single trip policy. This might be my backup. For now my focus is appealing the writing score in my latest test, as if I can get that to jump up half a band to 7.0, permanent residence would be my best option.

In the meantime I'll try to get a doctor's note in case the remark doesn't work and I'm forced to do the exam a third time. Perhaps they'll let me type it up.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 4:03 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The CELPIP Test is fully computer delivered, providing test takers the opportunity to complete all test components in one sitting with no additional appointments, interviews, or test sittings required. CELPIP Test Takers use a computer mouse and keyboard to complete Reading and Writing components of the test, and a computer microphone and headset to complete the Listening and Speaking components. Computerized tests offer test takers a quick and reliable testing experience.
https://www.celpip.ca/test-format/
There's online practice tests: https://www.google.ca/search?q=CELPI...cr%3DcountryCA

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 5th 2019 at 4:16 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Hi all! Quick update. Got my IELTS remark back today for the 2nd test and hurrah! 6.5 in writing became 7.0, magically giving me 438 CRS points :-). There has only ever been 1 Express Entry draw for 438 points, but it was on Jan 30th of this year, so I'd say I've a pretty good shot at getting an invite in the next couple of months. Fingers crossed! So freaking glad I don't have to do those tests again, fork out more money pointlessly and have to deal with some of the rudest people on the planet... I'm free! Now to wait for my ECA. :-)
Old Apr 24th 2019, 5:08 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all! Quick update. Got my IELTS remark back today for the 2nd test and hurrah! 6.5 in writing became 7.0, magically giving me 438 CRS points :-). There has only ever been 1 Express Entry draw for 438 points, but it was on Jan 30th of this year, so I'd say I've a pretty good shot at getting an invite in the next couple of months. Fingers crossed! So freaking glad I don't have to do those tests again, fork out more money pointlessly and have to deal with some of the rudest people on the planet... I'm free! Now to wait for my ECA. :-)
Well done you!

Congrats - wishing you the best of luck - hope you don't have to wait too long before getting drawn from the pool!
Old Apr 24th 2019, 9:21 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Great, good luck in the draws.