Anybody know the answer?

Old Jan 25th 2013, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future
Default Anybody know the answer?

I have what might seem to be an unusual question.....we have been nominated by a particular province for PNP and our PR is currently in process. My husband is getting a very raw deal with work and we actually cannot afford to live here if things keep going the way they have been. Im wondering if he gets another job in another province with better pay and goes to work there but we stay here in the short term, will it affect our PR application? I hope someone can offer some advice. Thank you.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anybody know the answer?

Originally Posted by DoyleLinda
I have what might seem to be an unusual question.....we have been nominated by a particular province for PNP and our PR is currently in process. My husband is getting a very raw deal with work and we actually cannot afford to live here if things keep going the way they have been. Im wondering if he gets another job in another province with better pay and goes to work there but we stay here in the short term, will it affect our PR application? I hope someone can offer some advice. Thank you.
It might, as really, you are not fullfilling the conditions anymore, so MB can reverse nomination. Better way would be to look for another job in MB..and/or maybe exchange city life with country life.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Yes, thats what I was thinking Manitobain.....and yes, thats our next step. We are looking at accommodation 40 mins outside the city here and hoping that might help but the wages are so bad I dont think that it will make a huge difference. Our's is not a typical success story unfortunately. But we live in hope.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manitobain
It might, as really, you are not fullfilling the conditions anymore, so MB can reverse nomination. Better way would be to look for another job in MB..and/or maybe exchange city life with country life.
+1. I would try and stick it out as much as you can until you get PR. Do you know what your timescales are for getting it? Alberta is around 10 months. Not sure about where you are?

Can you last that long?
Old Jan 26th 2013, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Our PR went into IN PROCESS on the 12th of December. Medicals were done in November so we were very happy with the way it progressed. Anyways, yes, we can stick it out if we have to but I have to say it has been the toughest nineteen months of our lives. We never thought for a minute that the cost of living was going to be so high and the wages so low. We love Winnipeg and the people and have made amazing friends but we just cannot sustain a decent living here. thanks for your reply.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Our PR went into IN PROCESS on the 12th of December. Medicals were done in November so we were very happy with the way it progressed. Anyways, yes, we can stick it out if we have to but I have to say it has been the toughest nineteen months of our lives. We never thought for a minute that the cost of living was going to be so high and the wages so low. We love Winnipeg and the people and have made amazing friends but we just cannot sustain a decent living here. thanks for your reply.
Hopefully after you get PR your husband will be able to get a bit more money at another job? fingers crossed for you.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Can't say much to the wages...have you looked and compared to surrounding areas/jobs? Is it just the company? with PNP you are able to change jobs within MB.
And yes, living in the city isn't cheap...but if you still need to drive 40 min in and keep the job in the city, I agree, might not make that much of a difference.
Also, whatever province you were looking at, have you done your homework as to what living costs are there?
Old Jan 26th 2013, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Yes I've done quite a lot of research and have lots of friends in other areas who are confirming that wages are exceptionally low for his trade. Also have compared rental accommodation and can get the very same if not better living standards for same price. Unfortunately my husband is an auto tech so he gets paid on a flat rate basis. It's a difficult one to explain but it is so difficult to live this way. He would need to be in a full time 40 hr week position and some overtime on top for us to even break even. This is his second job here in the province and they all pay this way. We left a country that was in recession to make a better life here but we are struggling very badly to keep things going. Praying for PR to come soon and he might be able to get a second job then until we figure out what's the way forward.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes I've done quite a lot of research and have lots of friends in other areas who are confirming that wages are exceptionally low for his trade. Also have compared rental accommodation and can get the very same if not better living standards for same price. Unfortunately my husband is an auto tech so he gets paid on a flat rate basis. It's a difficult one to explain but it is so difficult to live this way. He would need to be in a full time 40 hr week position and some overtime on top for us to even break even. This is his second job here in the province and they all pay this way. We left a country that was in recession to make a better life here but we are struggling very badly to keep things going. Praying for PR to come soon and he might be able to get a second job then until we figure out what's the way forward.
Do you work? Have you got an open work permit? Would that be an option?
Old Jan 26th 2013, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I work too and we have three school going kids. Youngest is six, eldest is 14. The 14 year old has been minding them since she was 13. She's a great help to me. But her schooling is suffering at the moment cos if my sons have to stay home cos their sick she has to stay with them and she's worried about her credits at the end of the year. We have tried shopping in cheaper places, we never buy anything out of the necessities but our rent has always killed us. Our income together is only enough to pay our way and form then we have nothing towards the second week of pay. There's always a week on the month where we are literally smashed. I don't think we will ever be able to afford to educate our eldest here and the reason we came was to offer them a better life. So far they've seen a lot of stress in our house and unfortunately there is no support for people who are finding it tough. I'm praying that our PR will change things for us as we can then decide to get second jobs or better paid job elsewhere.