Any point in updating yet?

Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road
Default Any point in updating yet?

We applied, from within Canada where we are on TWPs, to London as SW with arranged employment (requesting fast track). The application was received right at the start of May this year, and so far we have heard nothing. (We know the cheque was cashed, so assume the application was accepted.) Last month we sent a change of address email, and have had no response to that either.

Now, the principal applicant has been given a significant promotion at work. Should we try to update this information, or is there no point doing anything until we have established any sort of dialogue, or indeed even managed to get hold of our file number? I already asked for the file number when we sent the change-of-address email. Nothing.

This is very frustrating! I do appreciate that they are in a state of flux at the moment, but if only they could give us an AOR, then at least I'd know I wasn't imagining the whole thing.

I'd be interested to hear how other fast trackers are getting on too.

Last edited by sprucemoose; Sep 24th 2008 at 12:21 am.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any point in updating yet?

Apply on half May, received shortly after, AOR received on September 4th.
They stardted processing my application on July 1st.
Full application with arranged employment, so it should be fast tracked , whether or not you asked for fast-tracking.
that is it so far...i know that waiting is a bit frustrating but try not to think always about your PR application...
I wouldn't be surprised if they send you the request for medical beforehand.If i am not mistaken roughly 30% of application with AEO in London skip AOR stage to go for medical directly.
Bye bye

Last edited by Quarte_2005; Sep 24th 2008 at 12:21 am.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Quarte, I was wondering if they were bothering with AORs..

I don't think I'm dwelling on it too much, but I think this promotion is quite an important update! Also, I'm starting to think I might have to apply for new police checks if this is dragging out. I'd rather stay on top of things.

Best of luck to you.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough

well, it is important of course, but more for you than for them...cause you ain't changing your TWP or your legal position in Canada.
Police checks last 6 months or 12 I believe...not sure though.
Don't worry, you will have your medical in a month..
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:59 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

just a thought: since you are already here on a wp you have a client number with cic. it might be worth to mention that when you update them - it could make it easier to find your file...
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

I would assume they can locate our file using other info, but I'm just surprised they aren't giving a response to anything (i.e., how do I know they updated the file with our change of address?). And I thought the current occupation of principal applicant would be one of the major factors in their decision. BUT, I don't want to harass them with info they don't care about at the moment.

London officially accepts police checks that are up to 12 months old. And perhaps they aren't even that strict in reality once the application is in motion. But I do know it took three months for one set of police reports to come through for us first time round.

I'm trying to remain optimistic, I do hope you're right quarte. The wall of silence is hard to deal with.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:47 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sprucemoose
(i.e., how do I know they updated the file with our change of address?).
have you tried to check e-cas with your id-number? (not that e-cas is reliable, but it might give you a hint...)
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

I'm trying to remain optimistic, I do hope you're right quarte. The wall of silence is hard to deal with.[/QUOTE]

totally agree
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks lof, I'll give that a try.

So is the consensus not to update information without it being requested?

Someone just mentioned on another thread that change of addresses go amiss with some regularity. I do have mail forwarding set up at least.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sprucemoose
Thanks lof, I'll give that a try.

So is the consensus not to update information without it being requested?

Someone just mentioned on another thread that change of addresses go amiss with some regularity. I do have mail forwarding set up at least.
In relation to change of address: I e-mailed them twice to inform them of my change of address and I never received a response. I also checked e-cas and noted that the address had not been changed. In July they sent me an e-mail to say they'd sent my medical requests, but it had been returned to them as it had gone to the wrong address
I emailed them my updated address and everything was finally sorted in a few weeks.

In your position, I wouldn't worry about sending updates at this stage, you can send that information in when you get your request to go for medicals. They'll ask for additional information anyway. I would, however, send an e-mail stating your change of address and ask for your file number so you can check on e-cas that they've updated your address. I hope that they respond positively to you.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Ascensionite is an unknown quantity at this point

I would inform them of your situation as you don't know if they are or aren't doing their bit. We informed them of any change / complications, didn't have any response, but got our PR visa in the scheduled time of 35 years!! Well 2.5 years.

Good luck
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice

[QUOTE=sprucemoose;6813921]

London officially accepts police checks that are up to 12 months old. And perhaps they aren't even that strict in reality once the application is in motion. But I do know it took three months for one set of police reports to come through for us first time round.

I am in the process of applying for fast track PR,the above quote suggests checks up 12 months old are OK.CHC web site states no older than 3 months, if it is the latter I need to re-apply,if it's the former I can apply for PR now.How official is the 12 month timeline.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kiton6
In relation to change of address: I e-mailed them twice to inform them of my change of address and I never received a response. I also checked e-cas and noted that the address had not been changed. In July they sent me an e-mail to say they'd sent my medical requests, but it had been returned to them as it had gone to the wrong address
I emailed them my updated address and everything was finally sorted in a few weeks.

In your position, I wouldn't worry about sending updates at this stage, you can send that information in when you get your request to go for medicals. They'll ask for additional information anyway. I would, however, send an e-mail stating your change of address and ask for your file number so you can check on e-cas that they've updated your address. I hope that they respond positively to you.
Thanks for telling me about your experience. I did send them a change of address email, but they are not responding after a month. Having pondered my situation some more, I'm not going to attempt updates for now. But I will have to chase up the change of address, otherwise I just can't believe it's done.

Markan, it very much depends on where you're applying to. I'm referring to London only - it says 12 months on their website, I think it's in a FAQ somewhere.