Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any London SW medical requests recently?

Any London SW medical requests recently?

Old Sep 16th 2006, 12:07 pm
Here at last!!!

sydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant future
Default Any London SW medical requests recently?

Hi
I was just reading another thread and I noticed that someone had pointed out that it seems to have gone quiet on the medical request front.

So has anyone out there received any medical requests in the last month or so and if so can you share your timeline?

They seemed to get as far as the applications received at the end of July/beginning of August and now it has gone quiet (typical really as my application was received at the end of August).
Old Sep 16th 2006, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any London SW medical requests recently?

Originally Posted by sydney
Hi
So has anyone out there received any medical requests in the last month or so and if so can you share your timeline?
Hi Sydney
My medical request came through on 18th August. I completed my medicals September 5th.

My application date was July '04, my AOR is 12th Aug '04. (Check my signature for my full timeline)

If you are the end of Aug then you should hear very soon.
Good luck!!
Old Sep 16th 2006, 3:56 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I was just reading another thread and I noticed that someone had pointed out that it seems to have gone quiet on the medical request front.

They seemed to get as far as the applications received at the end of July/beginning of August and now it has gone quiet (typical really as my application was received at the end of August).
Looks like we have a similar timeline to you - We're at the stage of checking the doormat when we get back from work every day.....alas, nothing yet!
Flossie
Old Sep 16th 2006, 9:58 pm
AOR 16th August 2004

tirrellz has a brilliant futuretirrellz has a brilliant futuretirrellz has a brilliant futuretirrellz has a brilliant futuretirrellz has a brilliant futuretirrellz has a brilliant future

Hi

Hello, we are 16/08 AOR - have a look at our timeline, hope you get yours soon.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

NikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant future

Hi

We applied a little later than you, but are starting to feel that its getting closer now. Its a strange sort of excited yet apprehensive feeling (I'm sure its not just me who feels it?).
We hope to hear earlier than we expected - that seems to be the current trend with CIC at the moment but you never can tell!
Good luck - hope you hear soon.
Nik
Old Sep 17th 2006, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

wlaw2003 will become famous soon enough

Hi

Hi,

Got my med request at the beginning of August and went for tests on September 9. Original meds had expired. Take a look at my signature.
Hope you hear something soon.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

fatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wlaw2003
Hi,

Got my med request at the beginning of August and went for tests on September 9. Original meds had expired. Take a look at my signature.
Hope you hear something soon.

I also had to do meds twice. but the ppr arrived much sooner than i had expected. Im waiting for my visa now...should be in the mail!
Old Sep 18th 2006, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

wlaw2003 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fatdoc
I also had to do meds twice. but the ppr arrived much sooner than i had expected. Im waiting for my visa now...should be in the mail!
Hi fatdoc,

What is your timeline? Thanks.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

netinteractive is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

You willl see from our timeline we are 19th Aug Aor (applied Jul 04). We've still heard nothing and I'm really beginning to worry especially when I see others with similar timelines( I must stress there was nothing complicated in our application)

I constantly checking with the postman but still nothing.....
Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:32 pm
Here at last!!!

sydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant future

So it does seem from all your threads that it has gone quiet at CIC and that no med requests seem to have been issued in the last month or so.

If they run out of visas for the year, do they still continue to send out med requests? If they do I suppose that they have to string them out a bit otherwise people could be waiting for months after their medicals to get their visas. I wonder if that is why things seem to have slowed down.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

So it does seem from all your threads that it has gone quiet at CIC and that no med requests seem to have been issued in the last month or so.
From what I remember that's normal around this time of year.

And it's telling that I've had to spend so many years waiting for a damn visa that I've noticed this kind of thing...
Old Sep 18th 2006, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

They do seem to issue the med requests in spurts. Around the beginning of Aug to mid Aug quite a few people were getting the long awaited letter and then it all dies down, the same seemed to happen in July.
I bet before the months out there will be another batch of medicals in the post!

If they run out of visas for the year, do they still continue to send out med requests? If they do I suppose that they have to string them out a bit otherwise people could be waiting for months after their medicals to get their visas. I wonder if that is why things seem to have slowed down.
I'm sure somebody asked that question on here not too long ago and the general feeling was that CIC will issue medicals if they think they will have them fully processed by the end of the current year...but thats probably nothing like what REALLY happens! I'll do a thread search and see if I can find it.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:03 pm
don't fail to research

No1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of light

our AOR is July 04, had medical requests though in August (they were postmarked 28/7)- took medicals on the 11th, they were sent down 12 days later - now sitting watching for the postman everyday - it's the fastest I see my husband move!!! We got update requests in May and June for police reports, funds, education transcripts, driving licences etc..

I noticed on the canilink page, someone with an AOR for Oct 04 got their medical requests the other day, but someone with a Sept 04 date hasn't heard a thing - so much for CIV saying they do everything in date order.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Technically I believe they said they start processing applications in order of application, so if one person's background checks take longer than another's, they can easily get ahead in the queue for medicals.

I'm surprised by the October medical requests, I thought they were still finishing off August at the moment.