Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:31 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 96
sky_summers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Just wondering if there's any July applicants out there and what their timeline is. I'm applying through the London office. So far ecas has been updated to "medicals have now been received..." Hoping this means a decision will soon follow but you never know! My paperwork was received in London on the 9th September and my status changed to the above on the 24th October. Wondering if anyone else is as obsessed with logging into ecas every two minutes lol
sky_summers is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2011, 3:10 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 61
Bumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Hello, I'm in the process of filling in the forms as I type. I haven't submitted them yet but am hoping to get them in before Xmas.

I would be really interested to know how quickly your forms get processed. I was quoted a year by a consultant but yours seem to be going through a lot quicker than that.
Bumblebee2 is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2011, 3:21 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 96
sky_summers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2 View Post
Hello, I'm in the process of filling in the forms as I type. I haven't submitted them yet but am hoping to get them in before Xmas.

I would be really interested to know how quickly your forms get processed. I was quoted a year by a consultant but yours seem to be going through a lot quicker than that.
Bumblebee, filling in the forms is the longest process ever My application for sponsorship was received at Missisauga on the 8th July and passed to London on the 9th September. From what i've read on here there is a quick turn around at the minute (just hope it stays that way!) As for what you've been told... Immigration are stating up to 8 months at the minute based on a complete application package... A year would put you bordeline as you need to land before your medical runs out. Is it the spousal route you are going? Are you using a consultant?
sky_summers is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2011, 7:29 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 85
mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Hi Sky my timeline is below, your just a few weeks ahead of me so keep me posted lol Im waiting on the medicals received update on Ecas im checking lots too and only noticed the other day that it says 'this site is usually updated on a Tiesday' doh!
mariar is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:42 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 96
sky_summers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Originally Posted by mariar View Post
Hi Sky my timeline is below, your just a few weeks ahead of me so keep me posted lol Im waiting on the medicals received update on Ecas im checking lots too and only noticed the other day that it says 'this site is usually updated on a Tiesday' doh!
Are you applying inland then Mariar? I know - what are we like... ecas updated once a week and we're checking 10 times a day lol. Btw - my status was updated on a Monday... So they do update on days other than Tuesday!
sky_summers is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:55 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 85
mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

I wouldn"t expect anything else, saying one thing and doing another! Im applying outland although I am in Canada on visitor status at the moment. Im expecting to hear back in November anout my visitor extension so im hoping thats good news and to hear about PR in December Are you in Canada?
mariar is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2011, 9:01 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 96
sky_summers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Originally Posted by mariar View Post
I wouldn"t expect anything else, saying one thing and doing another! Im applying outland although I am in Canada on visitor status at the moment. Im expecting to hear back in November anout my visitor extension so im hoping thats good news and to hear about PR in December Are you in Canada?
Yeah - applying outland is deffo the way to go! I'm not in Canada at the minute but hope to be as of Sunday... I've packed up all of my house and moving everything into storage on Sat! I've taken a risk but hopefully there will be no issues and I can stay until PR is confirmed. I've read a lot of mixed messages regarding going while the application is in but I hope it will be ok. This may now be the point when someone jumps in and says I'm going to face problems at the airport...

Last edited by sky_summers; Oct 27th 2011 at 9:08 pm.
sky_summers is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2011, 9:08 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 85
mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

lol im sure someone will be along soon, im sending positive vibes! I know how you feel, leaving everything behind is scary but all will be worth it in the end. PR would make a lovely Christmas present, hope your listening Santa lol. Where are you heading to in Canada, im in Ontario.
mariar is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2011, 9:11 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 96
sky_summers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Originally Posted by mariar View Post
lol im sure someone will be along soon, im sending positive vibes! I know how you feel, leaving everything behind is scary but all will be worth it in the end. PR would make a lovely Christmas present, hope your listening Santa lol. Where are you heading to in Canada, im in Ontario.
It sure is scary... I'm so excited but sad to be leaving people behind. I'm headed to Ontario too Where abouts are you?
sky_summers is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2011, 9:34 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 85
mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Im in Brockville, about 40 mins away from Ottawa. Wear something warm, snow flurries are forecast for Sat!
mariar is offline  
Old Oct 27th 2011, 9:51 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 96
sky_summers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Originally Posted by mariar View Post
Im in Brockville, about 40 mins away from Ottawa. Wear something warm, snow flurries are forecast for Sat!
I'm headed to the Blue Mountains. Ottawa is where we should be at in a couple years Snow flurries eh... Oooohhh - it's starting to get all Christmasy
sky_summers is offline  
Old Oct 29th 2011, 6:42 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 61
Bumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Originally Posted by sky_summers View Post
Bumblebee, filling in the forms is the longest process ever My application for sponsorship was received at Missisauga on the 8th July and passed to London on the 9th September. From what i've read on here there is a quick turn around at the minute (just hope it stays that way!) As for what you've been told... Immigration are stating up to 8 months at the minute based on a complete application package... A year would put you bordeline as you need to land before your medical runs out. Is it the spousal route you are going? Are you using a consultant?
You're not wrong I've been at them for a month or two now 'and don't seem to have got very far.

Yes, we are going the spousal route.

I got a quote from a consultant to complete the forms, they wanted $2000CAD not including the fees to CIC! Needless to say we are doing them ourselves. However, they do offer an audit service for $350CAD. I will complete the forms send them across and they will review them and let me know what I've missed.

To be fair to the consultant he called me up the other night and spend half an hour taking to me for free and had no problem answering my numerous questions.

He did state that there will be some legislation changes some time in the new year to the spusal application. Something to do with conditional vista for between 2 and 5 years for the spouse. He recommended to get the application in ASAP to avoid.

I hope all goes well with your application.
Bumblebee2 is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:33 pm
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 85
mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Received my PPR today! Woohoo! So thankful im at the end of a long process, 4 months although felt a lot longer! Hopefully not much longer to wait for July applicants, I sent my app near the end of the month Thank you to everyone for their support, guidance and general understanding up until this point!
mariar is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:37 pm
  #14  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 96
sky_summers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Originally Posted by mariar View Post
Received my PPR today! Woohoo! So thankful im at the end of a long process, 4 months although felt a lot longer! Hopefully not much longer to wait for July applicants, I sent my app near the end of the month Thank you to everyone for their support, guidance and general understanding up until this point!
Yay!! So pleased for you Must be a huge weight off your mind! I still haven't heard anything and sponsorship was approved 9th September. Feel like everyone is passing me by now How did you receive your PPR? By email? Once again huge congrats
sky_summers is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:45 pm
  #15  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 85
mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any July applicants out there going the spousal route?

Thanks so much! It was a huge relief, i wasnt expecting it at all this soon. I received an email today from London with the instructions attached in a letter. Im not sure why you havent heard yet, im sure your in for a lovely suprise any day now
mariar is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.