Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any Idea how long takes the CRIMINAL check???

Any Idea how long takes the CRIMINAL check???

Old Sep 29th 2004, 11:31 am
Just Joined

talu76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Idea how long takes the CRIMINAL check???

thanks
Old Sep 29th 2004, 7:43 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Idea how long takes the CRIMINAL check???

Hi Talu

Originally Posted by talu76
thanks
As there are not too many physics posting to this forum, what country?

PMM
Old Sep 29th 2004, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

vetal is an unknown quantity at this point

How about India and U.S.A.? From yogi799.com I see people who got IA in May-June period from these countries are now getting passport requests. Bearing in mind that each case is unique, can we say that the ballpark figure for security checks for these 2 countries is currently around 4 months?

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Talu

PMM
Old Sep 29th 2004, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Talu

PMM

Venezuela!!!
Old Sep 29th 2004, 8:56 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vetal

Originally Posted by vetal
How about India and U.S.A.? From yogi799.com I see people who got IA in May-June period from these countries are now getting passport requests. Bearing in mind that each case is unique, can we say that the ballpark figure for security checks for these 2 countries is currently around 4 months?
8 weeks from FBI from date prints are received. Outside of India you submit copies of your passport to Consulate closest and you should get the PCC in about 30 days.

PMM
Old Sep 29th 2004, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Vetal

8 weeks from FBI from date prints are received. Outside of India you submit copies of your passport to Consulate closest and you should get the PCC in about 30 days.

PMM
Hi PMM,

What about Venezuela???
Old Sep 29th 2004, 11:06 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Originally Posted by talu76
Hi PMM,

What about Venezuela???
Sorry, don't know.

PMM
Old Sep 29th 2004, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Sorry, don't know.

PMM
Talu, my wild guess is that you and I are getting passport request between February and March 2005. Both you and I completed medical in April, and based on some Venezuelan cases, it takes around 10 months for us to get the passport request.

The worst part is that I am without a job at this point just because I do not have the residency, and meanwhile my past/future boss is asking me when I am going back...being in this waiting process is testing my patience...
Old Sep 30th 2004, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tsananez
Talu, my wild guess is that you and I are getting passport request between February and March 2005. Both you and I completed medical in April, and based on some Venezuelan cases, it takes around 10 months for us to get the passport request.

The worst part is that I am without a job at this point just because I do not have the residency, and meanwhile my past/future boss is asking me when I am going back...being in this waiting process is testing my patience...

Hi tsananez,

Where are you living??? Canada/Venezuela???

Have you ever request your CAIPS???

I'm asking about my criminal check because a couple of weeks ago I received my CAIPS and this shows that CIC-Buffalo is cheching my criminal records.

My caips shows that everything is fine (Medicals/Sec Check - RCMP/Additional Docs received) and they are only waiting for my criminal checks.

Yerterday, I phoned to the Canadian Embassy in Caracas to try to find out how the process of the criminal check works and If I was able to help them out (Go to the POLICE/PTJ and get the criminal record by myself). but they said that I have to contact Buffalo and ask them about it. :-(

Actually I'm a Temp Work Permit holder, it expires on Dec/2005 but my visa to reentry to canada expires this nov/2004 and, I'm planing to visit my family from Nov/27 to Jan/04. So, The goal with this is try if I can get my Passport Request before go to venezuela. Otherwise I must go to Buffalo in order to renew my VISA (for re-entry to canada), and I want to avoid it ($150 ;-) ).

Thanks and good look!!!!!!

my email address is: [email protected]
Use it if you have any question or want to share more info about the process!!!!

Talu76