Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any Fed Skill Worker waiting on reply?

Any Fed Skill Worker waiting on reply?

Old Oct 28th 2011, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default Any Fed Skill Worker waiting on reply?

Hi all,

My wife and I have applied under the Federal Skilled Worker route, our application was received in Nova Scotia on August 12th..

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has also applied in this years cap (July 1st - Sept 2011) and waiting on a response?
Be good to compare timelines etc, as we are getting a bit impatient already!

Im sure there is another thread somewhere on here but cant seem to find the relevant one (all seem to be 'old system'/pre 2010, or different routes etc..

Looking forward to hearing from anyone in the same uncertain boat

al & cat
Old Oct 28th 2011, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Fed Skill Worker waiting on reply?

my friend sent her FSW application to Sydney,NS in July 2011 (from within Canada) and just got told yesterday that her application was sent to London. And she was given a file number. I think she said it took 3 months 1 week ;-) So maybe the next few weeks you'll hear something. Good luck

Last edited by ninaDGBCA; Oct 28th 2011 at 3:35 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Hey thanks for your reply, we were starting to think the 10,000 skilled workers were all on holiday ha.
Good to hear that your friend has been given a positive response, and that things are getting processed. Let's hope my wife and I hear soon. We were thinking of contacting cic to see how our application was doing but weren't sure if we could do that without a file/tracking number?
Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

juicyred is an unknown quantity at this point

Another one here. My girlfriend's application was received July 4th and her positive PER email arrived September 12th. Now we wait for the medical request!

Research on behalf of my girlfriend: FSW1 NOC 6241 Chef - IELTS exam Sep11/10, results Sep30/10 full points, App posted Jun24/11, App rcvd Jul4/11, credit card debit Jul29/11 PER Sep12/11
Old Oct 29th 2011, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by juicyred
Another one here. My girlfriend's application was received July 4th and her positive PER email arrived September 12th. Now we wait for the medical request!

Research on behalf of my girlfriend: FSW1 NOC 6241 Chef - IELTS exam Sep11/10, results Sep30/10 full points, App posted Jun24/11, App rcvd Jul4/11, credit card debit Jul29/11 PER Sep12/11
Wow, that's a fast processing time. App received and credit card /payment took in same month?! Nothing like some of the shocking stories you hear of.
Good luck!
Old Oct 29th 2011, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Shaun_and_Em is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

My husband applied under FSW Cat 2 which was recieved at Sydney on 14th July and we had PER via email on 5th October however now that he has recieved a job offer the fun begins!!!

Good Luck, hope you here something soon.

Emilie
Old Oct 29th 2011, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its a good thing to see that cic are not dragging there heels with the applications (in the above cases anyway)

Was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way of tracking / finding out how their application is coming along without yet having a file number?

Or is it only after a payment has been taken, and you receive an email that you are able to track it?

Thanks
Old Oct 29th 2011, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure they really want you to ring up just to ask how they were getting on and not sure they could/would do anything without a tracking number. It's still early days in your case. I know it's hard but be patient. They say 3 months from receiving it in NS, so yours was received 12th Aug, give it another 3 weeks or so. We applied under the Ontario PNP and our application was received in Buffalo in April and just heard something in September, which then,as normal for the PNP route, was the med request. So I know the waiting is horrible but hey no news is sometimes good news and if they haven't contacted you yet it might just mean everything is ok and they'll send it to London soon. Give it a bit more time, you know they received it and it's not much you can do anyways. Happy Halloween
Old Oct 30th 2011, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ninaDGBCA
Not sure they really want you to ring up just to ask how they were getting on and not sure they could/would do anything without a tracking number. It's still early days in your case. I know it's hard but be patient. They say 3 months from receiving it in NS, so yours was received 12th Aug, give it another 3 weeks or so. We applied under the Ontario PNP and our application was received in Buffalo in April and just heard something in September, which then,as normal for the PNP route, was the med request. So I know the waiting is horrible but hey no news is sometimes good news and if they haven't contacted you yet it might just mean everything is ok and they'll send it to London soon. Give it a bit more time, you know they received it and it's not much you can do anyways. Happy Halloween
Ha, yeah I know we are getting a bit twitchy! We'l just have to put it to the back of our minds for a bit longer..

Just a couple of paranoid questions if any1 can help though?..

- What if there is a problem with your fee payment ?
(i.e. a problem a the bank when cic try to process payment/incorrect details ...will they alert you to amend the problem?)

- what if you dont notice / reply to the email from cic?
(i.e. the PER email is sent to your spam inbox, or its deleted by mistake?)

Iv got a bit of an over active mind I know but maybe someone has experienced something similar itd be good for a heads up
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Starting to get really twitchy now...

I know the waiting is something everyone has to do, and we haven't endured it as bad as some applicants so far... (although we have had Canada in our plans since 2008)

But this emigrating business really can get annoying.
Not only is the 'not knowing' frustrating, but it has a knock on effect on other parts of your lives, from small things like "should we buy new wardopes for bedroom".." should we get a bigger car for the new baby coming"...

To bigger decisions like "should we move house", or "should I change career"..

Basically I'm fed up feeling everything is on hold until the faceless staff at the cic office get their finger out and give us an answer!

ah..rant over
Old Nov 24th 2011, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

You've had acknowledgement that you application was received so at least you know that it's in the system.

You haven't waited that long; take a moment to feel for those who are in the system and have waited years, and feel for them a little more when you realise that you may well overtake them in the process of getting PR.

This is a long game for most (we can't even apply yet as the quota was reached in our category).

Anyway, keep checking but don't lose sleep. Word will come sooner or later

... unless they've lost your application (*joking*).
Old Nov 24th 2011, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrisparr
You've had acknowledgement that you application was received so at least you know that it's in the system.

You haven't waited that long; take a moment to feel for those who are in the system and have waited years, and feel for them a little more when you realise that you may well overtake them in the process of getting PR.

This is a long game for most (we can't even apply yet as the quota was reached in our category).

Anyway, keep checking but don't lose sleep. Word will come sooner or later

... unless they've lost your application (*joking*).
Cheers for reply mate,
Yeah I can really sympathise with the applicants who have been made to wait years, I would be going crazy if that was the case!
(but who's to say applicants in the 'new' system applicants won't be left in limbo for years... as cic seem to have a habit of moving the goalposts at any time they fancy...

I suppose its all been said before in other threads but the whole immigration process really is a joke.. the lack of communication, the unlimited timelimits of processing times.. all from a country who are supposedly in need of hard working, skilled people..

Last edited by alcat2010; Nov 24th 2011 at 7:52 am.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 9:18 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Our Application isn't even at Sydney yet and I'm getting impatient, lol.

It's been sitting at Mirabel (montreal Fedex) for the last 24 hours, waiting on the next mode of transport I presume.

Do they let you know they have it, or do I hear nothing for three months or so?
Old Nov 24th 2011, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Our Application isn't even at Sydney yet and I'm getting impatient, lol.

It's been sitting at Mirabel (montreal Fedex) for the last 24 hours, waiting on the next mode of transport I presume.

Do they let you know they have it, or do I hear nothing for three months or so?
Hi Dave,
Nah cic give you no indication at all, the only way we know our app has been received is by following the status through FedEx..

(So its been signed for somewhere, but whether its in the processing pile or the shredder who knows! )

I can be patient when I have to... but not when its an unlimited /unknown amount of time.. its the lack of communication that bugs me...
Old Nov 24th 2011, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

I may have miss read this somewhere so take it with a pinch of salt.....

I heard there is a massive backlog of parent/grandparent applications and that they are not accepting any more for 2 years so they can concentrate of clearing the backlog.

Now I'm speculating here, but if some minister has declared clearing this backlog is a priority and has set targets for reducing said backlog (say monthly or quarterly), you can see other types of PR application being shoved to the back of the queue.

.... or it may not have an impact at all on other types of PR applications.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.