Wikiposts

Any Ex Forces?

Old Jan 4th 2006, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Edsacelt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Ex Forces?

Hey Folks

Looking for any Ex British Forces who may have gone through the PR process. Just interested in the info they supplied on their application with regards to past service, countries/units served in and COs of their units. Any other info would be a bonus.

cheers

Ed
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

bobhope is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Ex Forces?

As I recall I just gave the service dates and then the central admin where all the records were held. I was in the Navy so it was HMS Centurion, no way would I remember all my boses! The way I looked at it was although I was abroad I was still part of UK with BFPO. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about

Yep, my husband was in the RAF and this is pretty much what we did. For the references from past employees, we included the reference document he got when he left the RAF (they wanted original not notarised copy). So after we had landed, I e-mailed the CHC in London and asked if it was possible to have it back as there is a big MoD note on it saying replacements cannot be issued. The CHC mailed it and all our other references to us here in Canada.

Originally Posted by bobhope
As I recall I just gave the service dates and then the central admin where all the records were held. I was in the Navy so it was HMS Centurion, no way would I remember all my boses! The way I looked at it was although I was abroad I was still part of UK with BFPO. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

ijstewart is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Edsacelt
Hey Folks

Looking for any Ex British Forces who may have gone through the PR process. Just interested in the info they supplied on their application with regards to past service, countries/units served in and COs of their units. Any other info would be a bonus.

cheers

Ed
we have just sent or sponsorship application,it was i bit of a nightmare trying to remember all my co`s names and as you know you might have 2 co`s from one post(you might not be they the same times). i listed the address that i was posted at and the co that i could remember. tying to remember date was the biggest problem.how long are you out? you might have to apply to the rmp for a criminal check on the redcap system,(dont worry its free mod policy)
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

twinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant future

My husband has been out of the army for almost 4 years and we are in the process of filling out our skilled worker forms. Do you think he should get a clearance from the rmp out in Germany as well as the German police?
Old Jan 5th 2006, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

ijstewart is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by twinmum
My husband has been out of the army for almost 4 years and we are in the process of filling out our skilled worker forms. Do you think he should get a clearance from the rmp out in Germany as well as the German police?
not so sure i was in Cyprus for 3 years but lived on camp in a sovereign based area, and didnt ask the Cyprus police for criminality check. i just listed all the places/dates that i had served to the rmp, we have just sent the application off with PNC and rmp checks i suppose i wont know if it is correct for a few weeks until aor comes back
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:05 am
and Twitchy

Nickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura about

Ive been out of the army for 16yrs. All I did was to photocopy my dicharge documents and that little red book they gave me all those years ago. I just wrote the regiment I was in and the countries I went to, didnt give any CO's names.

Good luck, get it in quick before they up the points after the election in January.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Guys

Iv'e been out 7 years after 14 years in the Army and managed to get around a fair bit. Think i'll do a combination of RMP Check, list of postings and dates, send my little red book and hope for the best.

Hoping to get over on PNP.

Goodluck and cheers

Ed
Old Jan 5th 2006, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Folks

cheers

Ed
Hubbie left the RAF regualrs and I left RAF reserves about 10 years ago - he listed under addresses since age 18 each camp he was stationed at. He also included a copy of his RAF service log and reference. We did the standard police checks and weren't asked for any other info or details by CHC London.

Hope this helps.

TrishB
Old Jan 5th 2006, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

The Welshman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I just copied the red book and sent for some RMP Police certificate for my wife and myself.
Came back in a few days. No charge.
I fax (as advised) a copy of passport and a letter with name, rank, number and DOB.
I just thought i would cover all bases.

Fax Number 01243 534340
Phone No. 01243 534327

The Welshman A pint of Brains SA, works well
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Hey Folks

cheers

Ed
Try asking your manning and records office for your past confidential reports...Your CO's name will be on the CO 's comments bit...Training establishments usually have a board with who was the CO in year dot..so try contacting them.

RMP clearance can be gained through Chichester, and German police certificates from the German embassy in Bonn (You can down load the forms from the internet).

Put as much info as you can on the forms, and you'll be fine.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 9:35 am
and Twitchy

Nickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura about

What are you looking to do anyway????????
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nickola
Looking to give them as little reason as possible to send docs back due to lack of information!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Mike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant future

I initially didn't send any docs about my forces time as it was so long ago.............. however, when they did my IA, they asked for a copy of my service record.

Cheers

Mike

Looking to give them as little reason as possible to send docs back due to lack of information!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:19 am
and Twitchy

Originally Posted by Nickola
I meant what job are you looking to do when you get over to Canada - doh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.