Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

another urgent certifying question help!

another urgent certifying question help!

Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default another urgent certifying question help!

just in the process of sending off nova scotia PNP
hoping to get it off at last by tuesday

I am still truely baffled by just what exactly needs to be certified???

now i understand about identity docs passports, birth certs, marriage cert etc and any educatinonal documents certificates etc thats simple enough but what about the rest of our supporting evidence? now this is where I am very confused

am I right in thinking that just a simple photocopy of things like letters from old customers stating we owned a business, pension award letters, letters from old employers confriming dates worked, copies of job appraisals,etc etc do not need certyfying?

I sincely hope this is the case as technically they cant be certified or notorised as the certifyer would need to have the original author of the letter present at the certyfying wouldnt they?
this would oviously be impossible as I am in canada and some of my letters are 29 years old the authors are probably long since dead!!!

so in summary all officail documants like passport, birth cert, marriage cert, decree nisi, educational certificates and qualifications will need to be certified.

and any other supporting documents like letters from employers, pension awards, personal references etc do not and cannot be certified?

so very grateful for any pointers huge thanks
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all
Default Re: another urgent certifying question help!

Originally Posted by chumley

now i understand about identity docs passports, birth certs, marriage cert etc and any educatinonal documents certificates etc thats simple enough but what about the rest of our supporting evidence? now this is where I am very confused

am I right in thinking that just a simple photocopy of things like letters from old customers stating we owned a business, pension award letters, letters from old employers confriming dates worked, copies of job appraisals,etc etc do not need certyfying?

I sincely hope this is the case as technically they cant be certified or notorised as the certifyer would need to have the original author of the letter present at the certyfying wouldnt they?
this would oviously be impossible as I am in canada and some of my letters are 29 years old the authors are probably long since dead!!!

so in summary all officail documants like passport, birth cert, marriage cert, decree nisi, educational certificates and qualifications will need to be certified.

and any other supporting documents like letters from employers, pension awards, personal references etc do not and cannot be certified?

I think that when you get things certified, the certifier is only certifying that the photocopy is a "true copy" of the original. Thats all. The original author does not need to be there.

Ray
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

thats exactly what I originally thoought ray but having googled certyfying and notorising the certyfyer can be held legally resposnible at least in canada

and without the original author being present with ID the certyfyer has no way of knowing if the copy is indeed original ?

blimey dont they make us jump through hoops
Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:46 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

You present your original document to for "certified true copy" and the copy is made and then certified. This procedure does not certify the truth of the original but of the copy. They hope to make it difficult for applicants to pass forged documents by having to pass them before someone who obviously is trusted to be cautious and circumspect.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:47 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley

Hi Chumley

For our recent NS PNP application I got certified the following docs-

Birth/marriage certs
passport copies
bank statements
mortgage statements
education certs
letters from estate agents/property valuations
wage slips
employment contracts

I did not get certified

employment references, business cards of employers,
resume
photos

Hope this helps
Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

much appreciated nikki etc thanks
shall just have to see what happens and hope for the best

all of my bank accounts are online only accounts so no paper traditional statements

i dont have any employment contracts either?? but plenty of other evidence

no mortgage so will get the deeds to the canadian property certified

jim having had a legal background there is still no way for anybody to tell if its a true copy or not for something like a letter unless the person who originally signed the letter is present im not talking about the content of a letter either

so no matter how cautious someone is this would in no way prevent any kind of forgery
onward and upward and good luck all