Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

another quick question on timelines in London

another quick question on timelines in London

Old Sep 12th 2001, 3:09 pm
Dmitry

Hi there,

I just received a notification fromn London CHC that the interview is required and it
will appointed sometime within next 15-18 months. It's looks like a standard form and
I was just wondering what the usual timeline is between the interview appointment and
this notification. Thank you, Dmitry

Old Sep 13th 2001, 4:35 pm
David Cohen

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

If you are living within the jurisdiction of the London office, you should expect a
delay of approximately 13-15 months.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Sep 13th 2001, 8:13 pm
The Wizzard

>
    >
    >
    >

What is the usual likelyhood of interviews and dealys. If i am applying from UK under
family class spouse, then would i be expecting an interview request and huge delay,
as that seems to conradict the spousal priority, or do they try and give earlier
interviews in this case, or do they not often interview familyclass spouse applicants
if their background checks out because there is no points issue ?

Drew

--
Posted from cr81647-a.nmkt1.on.wave.home.com [24.114.214.117] via Mailgate.ORG Server
- http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Sep 13th 2001, 8:41 pm
Andrew Miller

Most applicants in spousal sponsorship cases require interview to evaluate the bona
fide of relationship with the sponsoring Canadian spouse. But spousal applications
receive a priority treatment during the process and are usually concluded in well
under 6 months by CHC London in the case of UK residents. Background/security check
has nothing to do with the points system or other selection criteria - it is the
process which every applicant regardless of the category must go through. This is the
process to determine the criminal and security admissibility of applicant.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
[usenetquote2]> > If you are living within the jurisdiction of the London office, you should expect[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > a delay of approximately 13-15 months.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
UK
    >
    >
give
    >
    >