Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

another 0ne way or return question

Wikiposts

another 0ne way or return question

Old Aug 29th 2005, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough
Default another 0ne way or return question

i was wondering when we go from London obviously it's cheaper to get a return flight, will immigration question why we have return tickets?
Old Aug 29th 2005, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

emma69 has a spectacular aura aboutemma69 has a spectacular aura aboutemma69 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: another 0ne way or return question

Originally Posted by nickybum
i was wondering when we go from London obviously it's cheaper to get a return flight, will immigration question why we have return tickets?
It's not always cheaper - www.canadianaffair do cheap one way flights
Old Aug 29th 2005, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

You do not state if UK passport holder/s?

If so, if you have a visa issued already, if it`s PR, no return ticket is needed. If it`s got an expiry date, a return ticket or proof of loads of money in an account is needed.
If you are arriving without a visa already, then when you get to Immigration they will stamp your passport with a TR visa valid for six months, if they like the look of you. You need to have with you proof of how you plan to exit Canada within the six months, if questioned.
A plane ticket to the nearest cheapest US airport will suffice!!!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
You do not state if UK passport holder/s?

If so, if you have a visa issued already, if it`s PR, no return ticket is needed. If it`s got an expiry date, a return ticket or proof of loads of money in an account is needed.
If you are arriving without a visa already, then when you get to Immigration they will stamp your passport with a TR visa valid for six months, if they like the look of you. You need to have with you proof of how you plan to exit Canada within the six months, if questioned.
A plane ticket to the nearest cheapest US airport will suffice!!!
yeah, sorry i should of explained properly , I'm Canadian and my husband is British, I'm sponsoring him to come to Canada.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

yeah, sorry i should of explained properly , I'm Canadian and my husband is British, I'm sponsoring him to come to Canada.
You`ve got it made then!!!
You bring him in tomorrow on the six month TRV, he stays at home washin` and ironin` renewing his TRV whilst you go to work. On his TRV renewal /s state the case file number, state that he lives off your "means" and show statement for joint bank account.
He should ask for 2 yrs extension on his first TRV renewal filing, he might get it, then again your "hubby-sponsor"filing might be fruitful first?
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

When I and my Wife requested a TRV extension of 15 MONTHS to OCT 06 we got it!!!
You do not get unless you ask!!!!!!!!!!!

This tide up nicely with our PNP Business visa commencment.