Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Andrew and others: Security and Background Checks for Business Catgory?

Andrew and others: Security and Background Checks for Business Catgory?

Old Feb 20th 2005, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough
Default Andrew and others: Security and Background Checks for Business Catgory?

I remember seeing Andrew's old messege somewhere, as security/ Backgound checks for buisness catagory starts immidiately after submission of application, unlike skill worker catagory, where it starts only after positive selection decision.

That could be reason that business catagory is relatvely faster.

I just want to know if this is still being practice?

Thanks for any comments.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 6:42 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andrew and others: Security and Background Checks for Business Catgory?

Originally Posted by Azam Ali
I remember seeing Andrew's old messege somewhere, as security/ Backgound checks for buisness catagory starts immidiately after submission of application, unlike skill worker catagory, where it starts only after positive selection decision.

Thanks for any comments.
I think you misunderstood what Andrew was saying. They simply take up the case earlier. For many skilled worker applicants there is a wait of 1, 2 or even 3 years until their application is actually assessed and put into active process.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Andrew and others: Security and Background Checks for Business Catgory?

Originally Posted by Azam Ali

Thanks for any comments.
Faster ? ..yeah, maybe all over the world except Paris where business is taking a lot longer than SW.
I still don't see the logic , business ( and I'm talking about entrepreneur ) is a conditional visa, meaning , if you don't meet their criteria in a 3 year period after you land,you don't get the visa. It's a win-win situation for Canada and still they let you wait an eternity.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 6:32 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
Faster ? ..yeah, maybe all over the world except Paris where business is taking a lot longer than SW.
I still don't see the logic , business ( and I'm talking about entrepreneur ) is a conditional visa, meaning , if you don't meet their criteria in a 3 year period after you land,you don't get the visa. It's a win-win situation for Canada and still they let you wait an eternity.
You can add Moscow and Damascus to the list of exceptions. Background checks are certainly a main cause of the length of processing but not the only one.