andrew miller please

Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:23 pm
got visa

scrim20gb is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking andrew miller please

i have just recieved a letter from london high commision asking me to pay right of permanent residence fee. does this mean my application has been accepted? if so how long does it take from this stage to getting a passport request? also how the hell do i go about paying the fee? i am currently in england with my app in london
Old Oct 25th 2004, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: andrew miller please

Originally Posted by scrim20gb
i have just recieved a letter from london high commision asking me to pay right of permanent residence fee. does this mean my application has been accepted? if so how long does it take from this stage to getting a passport request? also how the hell do i go about paying the fee? i am currently in england with my app in london

You can pay over the internet (go to cic.gc.ca and look for online services) if you have a credit card, or you can send in a bankers draft for the amount. (attaching your file number to all correspondance) I am no expert, but I am sure this is how you do it.

Good luck
Old Oct 25th 2004, 12:13 am
Just Joined

chris_vabc is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: andrew miller please

Sounds pretty positive to me - what's your timeline?

Old Oct 25th 2004, 4:29 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No, you can't pay online, sorry. Online payment is only available to those who are in Canada **and** who's application is processed in Canada.

Originally Posted by Jameso
You can pay over the internet (go to cic.gc.ca and look for online services) if you have a credit card, or you can send in a bankers draft for the amount. (attaching your file number to all correspondance) I am no expert, but I am sure this is how you do it.

Good luck
Old Oct 25th 2004, 4:31 am

Sounds like you are at the end of the road, congrats.

Send bank draft in the amount of CAD 975 for each adult - draft in Canadian dollars, drawn on bank in Canada and made payable to "The Receiver General for Canada".

Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:35 am
Just Joined

buzz56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't the bankers draft be drawn up by a British bank, albeit the currency is in Canadian Dollars?
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:02 am
got visa

scrim20gb is an unknown quantity at this point

would i be able to send funds in the form of a international money order instead of a bankers draft, because my sponsor lives in england with me. if not would it be possible for my mother in law to get a bankers draft from the td canada trust in canada and then send it on to mississauga for me
my tim eline to date is
july 6 sponsor sent app to mississauga
aug 21 wife got accepted as sponsor app sent on to london chc
sep 18 received reciept of application adn file number
oct 25 received request for right of permanent residence fee

hope this helps you guys

also they sent my wedding pics back (well impressed)
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:15 am

ROPRF in your case should be paid as instructed in the request letter you received - most likely to be submitted to CHC London.

would i be able to send funds in the form of a international money order instead of a bankers draft, because my sponsor lives in england with me. if not would it be possible for my mother in law to get a bankers draft from the td canada trust in canada and then send it on to mississauga for me
my tim eline to date is
july 6 sponsor sent app to mississauga
aug 21 wife got accepted as sponsor app sent on to london chc
sep 18 received reciept of application adn file number
oct 25 received request for right of permanent residence fee

hope this helps you guys

also they sent my wedding pics back (well impressed)
Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:53 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Speak to your bank. It shouldn't be a problem. I got my bankers draft from my bank in England (HSBC) in about an hour. It was made payable to the Receiver General for Canada, as Andrew Miller said, and it was to be drawn on the HSBC in Canada.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
No, you can't pay online, sorry. Online payment is only available to those who are in Canada **and** who's application is processed in Canada.
Oh that has confused me. If I am submitting a sponsorship application and application for criminal rehabilitation to Mississuagua (rehabilitation part to be passed on to london as I am applying from UK) How can I pay all fees in advance??(including right of landing $975 fee).

Do I just get a draft in Canadian dollars for the entire amount from an english bank???