Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Andrew Miller/Experts - need ur help...plz answer !!

Andrew Miller/Experts - need ur help...plz answer !!

Old Dec 27th 2005, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

rafi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Andrew Miller/Experts - need ur help...plz answer !!

[B]hello sir,
Happy to join all of you. I'm the canadian permanent resident (landed immigrant). After getting my PR card i left canada in about 2 years for higher study purpose and now planning to move there again. In the mean time recently i got married in our home country (bangladesh). Now my question is how can i get my wife prompty in canada. Next week i'm planning to move to edmonton, alberta although i been landed in toronto,ON last time and lived their for 5 months. Can i apply my wife right away after arriving their or i need to wait some period. In this case do i need to show available fund for my wife or she can show if she has some available.

In addition,

1) if my wife come here as a visit visa, is it possible to change status and to apply from here as a permanent resident.

2) when she will stay here as a visit visa and the time being if she gets baby of mine then what will her status and my baby. will my baby get citizenship right away then ? or she will wait for another step.

3) if my baby get birth in my home country then when she could apply for her citizenship in connecting of my permanent residency in canada.

4) will my stay overseas for study purpose will count in absence canada ? or will it reduce my obligation to stay physically in canada for 2 years in any 5 years if i'm not able to fullfil it because of my education.

please let me know all these as early as possible

your help will be appreciated
Old Dec 27th 2005, 11:04 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andrew Miller/Experts - need ur help...plz answer !!

Hi

Originally Posted by rafi
[B]hello sir,
Happy to join all of you. I'm the canadian permanent resident (landed immigrant). After getting my PR card i left canada in about 2 years for higher study purpose and now planning to move there again. In the mean time recently i got married in our home country (bangladesh). Now my question is how can i get my wife prompty in canada. Next week i'm planning to move to edmonton, alberta although i been landed in toronto,ON last time and lived their for 5 months. Can i apply my wife right away after arriving their or i need to wait some period. In this case do i need to show available fund for my wife or she can show if she has some available.

In addition,

1) if my wife come here as a visit visa, is it possible to change status and to apply from here as a permanent resident.

2) when she will stay here as a visit visa and the time being if she gets baby of mine then what will her status and my baby. will my baby get citizenship right away then ? or she will wait for another step.

3) if my baby get birth in my home country then when she could apply for her citizenship in connecting of my permanent residency in canada.

4) will my stay overseas for study purpose will count in absence canada ? or will it reduce my obligation to stay physically in canada for 2 years in any 5 years if i'm not able to fullfil it because of my education.

please let me know all these as early as possible

your help will be appreciated
1, You can apply for a visitor's visa for her, but it is unlikely that it will be granted.
2. If she was granted a visitor's visa, and she obtained it without fraudulent means, i.e. declaring she was single, then you could process an application in Canada. Again it is unlikely that she would be granted CVV.
3. A child born in Canada is a Canadian citizen, if your child is born abroad, then you would have to apply for s/he as a permanent resident.
4. No your absences don't count for retention of PR status. If you can't fulfil your PR requirements you will lose it.

PMM