Andrew Miller

Old Jan 14th 2002, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

shelly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, hope you are well.
Here's my question.
I am currently in the process of putting all my documentation for PR. I do have a job offer, which is effective if I am successful in attaining a visa, however this job isn't validated by the HRDC. Would you have any advice on how to demonstrate the situation through my application? I have an official letter from my prospective employer stating his offer of employment, but if you had any other suggestions, I would be most grateful. Shelly.
Old Jan 14th 2002, 4:37 pm
Andrew Miller

If your job offer is not HRDC validated then as long as it is genuine and can be
verified then you'll get 5 points for it and there is nothing more you can do to make
it better, short of HRDC validation.

But a well prepared application package with strong presentation of your
skills, qualifications and abilities will make a difference when it comes to
the final decision.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 17th 2002, 2:05 pm
Edward Saelens

Default Re: andrew miller

Re : Andrew Miller . am not appreciated by your comments or suggestions of dealing
with Canada Customs and immigration i do have a Quote that would seem very
appropriate when it comes to dealing with the govt of Canada and the USA " get your
friends close but your enemies even closer" I do belive that you should open your
mind and maybe take a look at the real world . we are talking about a govt t5hat has
only one agenda on its mine its own needs and not the needs of the regular person.
And if we let Ottawa continue to make and control our lives were dos it stop MR
Miller. If osam bin ladin can stand up to the usa we can to the govt of canada.

Old Mar 17th 2002, 3:35 pm
Andrew Miller

First, I'm sorry but this group is not the political forum and I'm (as probably most
participants here) really offended with your last sentence below.

Second - you posted your problem and you've got your answer. I can't make it to your
liking, I always state things here as they are. There are thousands of American
fiancées of Canadians who have absolutely no problems moving back and forth after
telling the truth at the port of entry and probably larger number of those who have
some problems after misrepresenting their purpose for "visiting" Canada. You don't
want my advice then don't take it, I really don't care, but don't complain later...

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"edward saelens" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Re : Andrew Miller . am not appreciated by your comments or suggestions of dealing
    > with Canada Customs and immigration i do have a Quote that would seem very
    > appropriate when it comes to dealing with the govt of Canada and the USA " get
    > your friends close but your enemies even closer" I do belive that you should open
    > your mind and maybe take a look at the real world . we are talking about a govt
    > t5hat has only one agenda on its mine its own needs and not the needs of the
    > regular person. And if we let Ottawa continue to make and control our lives were
    > dos it stop MR Miller. If osam bin ladin can stand up to the usa we can to the
    > govt of canada.
    >
    >

"Andrew Miller" <millercitelus.net> wrote in message
    > Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, no offence) crossing the border is not covered
    > by any privacy laws, it is one of the least private event. People crossing border
    > "just to visit" too often are usually being screened more carefully for many
    > reasons, including security issues and determination of their true intentions.
    >
    > Have you or your fiancée ever considered telling the truth at the port of
entry
    > for once? In most cases truth pays off pretty well, while lying, misrepresentation
    > or omission lead to troubles, especially with the new immigration law in respect to
    > inland sponsorship. Under new law spouses who gained entry to Canada as visitors
    > based on lies, misrepresentation, omission or other fraudulent action or statement
    > will not be eligible for inland processing of their PR applications.
    >
    > --
    >
    > ../..
    >
    > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
    > sending email)
    > ________________________________
    >
    >
    >
    > "edward saelens" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Back in Feb 2002 my finacee a US Citzen sold all her belongings and moved
to
    > > Canada to be with me . We are planning on getting married soon (before the 180
    > > days expires).She arrived in Canada through windsor on the greyhound
bus
    > > with a return ticket telling them she was visting freinds for two weeks and has
    > > been here ever since ., that was 6 weeks ago. I have 2 questions .
    > > 1.) Why did Canada Customs input her arriavl date and name and info into a
    > > computer , i have never herad of this before and i find this real odd in
all
    > > my world travels this has never been done to me . and an invasion of my privacy
    > > if it was done to me.
    > > 2.) we recently found out her mom in the USA is sick and in the hospital , and
    > > she is thinking of returning home to vist till her mom is better , but if she
    > > does will she have a problem at the border ,if she trys to come back again .
    > > this will be her 3rd time in less than 4 months. traveling back
and
    > > forth, and is there any thing we can do to make sure Canada customs dosnt give
    > > her a hard time liks sending her back . i feel it is none of there bussiness how
    > > many times she come s acroos as long as she , dosnt stay over 180 days .
    > >
    > >
    >

Old Mar 17th 2002, 5:05 pm
Jalal Kureshi

Hi Edward, I am a regular at this channel, and find it very informative. I have been
a Proud Canadian Citizen for 2 years now. I dont understand where you are coming
from, but here in Canada people make lives of each other better day in and day out. I
live in Calgary, the hardest working city in Canada (no offence to other Cities) but
that is just my opinion. So in response to your post Mr Edward, please keep the
politics out and you should be opening up your mind not the subscribers or
contributors of this channel. You have a chance to consider the invauable advice and
info coming out of this channel mainly from Mr. Miller and others like him. So I
suggest that please keep this channel professional. thanks, JK "edward saelens"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Re : Andrew Miller . am not appreciated by your comments or suggestions of dealing
    > appropriate when it comes to dealing with the govt of Canada and the USA " get your
    > friends close but your enemies even closer" I do belive that you should open your
    > mind and maybe take a look at the real world .
we
    > are talking about a govt t5hat has only one agenda on its mine its own
needs
    > and not the needs of the regular person. And if we let Ottawa continue to make and
    > control our lives were dos it stop MR Miller. If osam bin ladin
can
    > stand up to the usa we can to the govt of canada.

Old Mar 17th 2002, 5:05 pm
Patou

Hi Edward:

I just hope you deal more professionally with Canadian Immigration than you do it
here on this newsgroup...

"edward saelens" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > appropriate when it comes to dealing with the govt of Canada and the USA " get your
    > friends close but your enemies even closer" I do belive that you should open your
    > mind and maybe take a look at the real world .
we
    > are talking about a govt t5hat has only one agenda on its mine its own
needs
    > and not the needs of the regular person. And if we let Ottawa continue to make and
    > control our lives were dos it stop MR Miller. If osam bin ladin
can
    > stand up to the usa we can to the govt of canada.

Old Mar 17th 2002, 10:35 pm
Ectomorph

Mr Saelens,

With an attitude like that, you'll find life a constant source of brick walls and
bad fortune. Dont be surprised if customs has little sympathy for you or your
intended spouse.