Andrew Miller!

Old Mar 15th 2004, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

thakdin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Andrew Miller!

Hello sir, I am an Indian citizen living and working in the UK for the last 36 months. my wife is a Canadian Citizen and lives in Canada. I have my UK work permit valid until Dec 2004.

We are going to apply for my immigration. We are in a big confusion with where to apply from. UK or India.

should I send my educational credentials(certificates, degrees) notarized along with the application? The document checklist doesnt mention educational details to be attached though.

I got my PCC from India and UK.
Can I get my medical done in Uk if I am applying from India? or will I have to get my medicals done from the country I am applying from?

Please guide me.
Thanks a lot in advance.
thakdin
Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

rahul_singh23 will become famous soon enoughrahul_singh23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Andrew Miller!

I think you can get your medical from any DESIGNATED MEDICAL
PRACTITIONERS anywhere in the world.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/medical.html

This links can help you in finding doctor in your area.

Originally posted by thakdin
Hello sir, I am an Indian citizen living and working in the UK for the last 36 months. my wife is a Canadian Citizen and lives in Canada. I have my UK work permit valid until Dec 2004.

We are going to apply for my immigration. We are in a big confusion with where to apply from. UK or India.

should I send my educational credentials(certificates, degrees) notarized along with the application? The document checklist doesnt mention educational details to be attached though.

I got my PCC from India and UK.
Can I get my medical done in Uk if I am applying from India? or will I have to get my medicals done from the country I am applying from?

Please guide me.
Thanks a lot in advance.
thakdin
Old Mar 15th 2004, 7:02 pm
mickj

Originally posted by rahul_singh23
I think you can get your medical from any DESIGNATED MEDICAL
PRACTITIONERS anywhere in the world.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/medical.html

This links can help you in finding doctor in your area.
As long as they send it to where you are going to be processing your application from. Remember you don't get the results in hand yourself, all you get is a receipt to show you had one done.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

rahul_singh23 will become famous soon enoughrahul_singh23 will become famous soon enough

But I think you can go for medical to any DESIGNATED MEDICAL
PRACTITIONERS, as per the list. It does not matter from where are you filing.

for Example: you can file from india but can go medical in UK or USA to DESIGNATED MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS.

Am I right?

Originally posted by mickj
As long as they send it to where you are going to be processing your application from. Remember you don't get the results in hand yourself, all you get is a receipt to show you had one done.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 7:24 pm
mickj

But I think you can go for medical to any DESIGNATED MEDICAL
PRACTITIONERS, as per the list. It does not matter from where are you filing.

for Example: you can file from india but can go medical in UK or USA to DESIGNATED MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS.

Am I right?

You are missing my point here, the practitioner has to send your files to the local immigration office that you are filling from. That is the main reason why they have these doctors in every country.

When it comes to dealing with your application, the officer in charge has to have access to your files, to be able to make a decision. You wonder why some people's case is taking forever, there you have it.

A little less complication goes a long way. Why file in india and do medical in london?

Old Mar 15th 2004, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

I agree with you.

But there are many people they filed their application from india long time back. But now they are working in UK/USA on work visa. After their medical request, they can go for medical in UK/USA and practitioner can sent the medical records/file where suppose to go ( in this case india).

My point is: For medical you have not to fly India. You can get medical in the country where you are currently living but make sure that the practitioner has to be in list.

Am I right?

You are missing my point here, the practitioner has to send your files to the local immigration office that you are filling from. That is the main reason why they have these doctors in every country.

When it comes to dealing with your application, the officer in charge has to have access to your files, to be able to make a decision. You wonder why some people's case is taking forever, there you have it.

A little less complication goes a long way. Why file in india and do medical in london?
Old Mar 15th 2004, 7:40 pm
mickj

I agree with you.

But there are many people they filed their application from india long time back. But now they are working in UK/USA on work visa. After their medical request, they can go for medical in UK/USA and practitioner can sent the medical records/file where suppose to go ( in this case india).

My point is: For medical you have not to fly India. You can get medical in the country where you are currently living but make sure that the practitioner has to be in list.

Am I right?

Go back to my original post to answer your question, and this time, read it carefully, where it says " As long as the doctor sends it to where it belongs".

Now if that gets lost in the post, whom do you blame? I mean from UK to India.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

I understand and 100% agree with you "" As long as the doctor sends it to where it belongs". We are saying same thing. As long as immigration officer receives your medical from designated practitioner. He doesn’t care in which country you are going for medical.

It's better to call doctor and take fedex/ups tracking number.

Go back to my original post to answer your question, and this time, read it carefully, where it says " As long as the doctor sends it to where it belongs".

Now if that gets lost in the post, whom do you blame? I mean from UK to India.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

One more quick question...I have a multiple entry Visitor's visa to Canada. And I am planning a short to trip to Canada, before we apply for the immigration. Can I get my Medicals done while in Canada and still apply out of Canada?
Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:06 pm
mickj

One more quick question...I have a multiple entry Visitor's visa to Canada. And I am planning a short to trip to Canada, before we apply for the immigration. Can I get my Medicals done while in Canada and still apply out of Canada?

You sure like complications don't you? Just because you get your medicals done in the country you are applying to emigrate to, doesn't make it any different from what we just explained to you, your medicals still need to be sent to where your application is going to be processed.

There are many people on this forum, that have found themselves in a limbo, due to their own inept dis-organization.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mick, Thanks for the support...Looks like the more i think the more doubts I get in my head. You cleared my medicals querry, thank you so much...one more question just popped up in my head...Will my Canada visit to my wife be a big question in my immigration process? Will I be asked why did I travel to canada on a visitors visa when I am married to a Canadian citizen. I visited Canada earlier as well before my wedding in October.

You sure like complications don't you? Just because you get your medicals done in the country you are applying to emigrate to, doesn't make it any different from what we just explained to you, your medicals still need to be sent to where your application is going to be processed.

There are many people on this forum, that have found themselves in a limbo, due to their own inept dis-organization.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:33 pm
mickj

Hi Mick, Thanks for the support...Looks like the more i think the more doubts I get in my head. You cleared my medicals querry, thank you so much...one more question just popped up in my head...Will my Canada visit to my wife be a big question in my immigration process? Will I be asked why did I travel to canada on a visitors visa when I am married to a Canadian citizen. I visited Canada earlier as well before my wedding in October.

You will have to run the first part of your question by Andrew Miller and other experts in here. For the last part of your question, i will think if your country hasn't got a visa waiver with canada, the only way you can get into canada, is to apply for a visitors visa anyway.

All this could could be a lot easier if you just come to canada on a visitor's visa, and apply from inside as a spouse of a canadian citizen, then you can do your medicals here.

The choice is yours sir.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:05 pm
Andrew Miller

You can do medicals anywhere in the world as long as it is done by approved
DMP. In your circumstances applying through London is the best way.

--

../..

Andrew Miller
Immigration Consultant
Vancouver, British Columbia
email: [email protected]
(delete REMOVE from the above address before sending email)

"thakdin" <member22432@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > One more quick question...I have a multiple entry Visitor's visa to
    > Canada. And I am planning a short to trip to Canada, before we apply for
    > the immigration. Can I get my Medicals done while in Canada and still
    > apply out of Canada?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Mick,
If I am in Canada and apply for spousal immigration, how long will it take usually to complete the process? Can I look for a job while my application is in process?
thanks for your patience.

You will have to run the first part of your question by Andrew Miller and other experts in here. For the last part of your question, i will think if your country hasn't got a visa waiver with canada, the only way you can get into canada, is to apply for a visitors visa anyway.

All this could could be a lot easier if you just come to canada on a visitor's visa, and apply from inside as a spouse of a canadian citizen, then you can do your medicals here.

The choice is yours sir.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
You can do medicals anywhere in the world as long as it is done by approved
DMP. In your circumstances applying through London is the best way.

--

../..

Andrew Miller
Immigration Consultant
Vancouver, British Columbia
email: [email protected]
(delete REMOVE from the above address before sending email)

"thakdin" <member22432@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > One more quick question...I have a multiple entry Visitor's visa to
    > Canada. And I am planning a short to trip to Canada, before we apply for
    > the immigration. Can I get my Medicals done while in Canada and still
    > apply out of Canada?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.