Americans and TWP's....??

Old Apr 29th 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

minkoak is just really niceminkoak is just really niceminkoak is just really niceminkoak is just really niceminkoak is just really niceminkoak is just really niceminkoak is just really niceminkoak is just really nice
Default Americans and TWP's....??

Hello Everybody,
Here I am again with yet another question..........
I am married to an American - French/American - holds both passports. I have just read that he doesn't need to apply for a TWP before going to Canada - that he can get one once he is in the country. Does this mean I can then apply for a spousal work permit once in Canada also.....? Or do I need to apply before we go?
Does anyone know of a good website about immigration rules for americans in Canada? or do they basically follow the same set of rules as the rest of us?
Thanks for any help with this!
minka
Old Apr 29th 2008, 3:27 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Americans and TWP's....??

Same rules for everybody, sorry. The only benefit some Americans in certain professions may enjoy are work permits issued under NAFTA. But similar benefits apply to other nationals under GATS and other agreements too.

No way for work permit inside Canada - at the port of entry yes, but not in Canada.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

minkoak is just really niceminkoak is just really niceminkoak is just really niceminkoak is just really niceminkoak is just really niceminkoak is just really niceminkoak is just really niceminkoak is just really nice
Default Re: Americans and TWP's....??

Thanks Andrew, much appreciated. Back to the drawing board then....