ambiguous instructions!

Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

confusedyouwillbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ambiguous instructions!

In the Schedule 1 Background / Declaration form IMM0008e there are 2 questions, 11. Personal history, and 15. Addresses, that have instructions that are at variance with the instructions in The Immigrant's Guide IMM3999e.

In the questions, the instructions say you should provide details for the past 10 years, or since age 18 whichever period is the longer. In the guide, it just says that you should account for every month during the past 10 years.

Which is it? I'm flaming 40 years old... trying to remember what month I moved out of one grubby flat to another when I was in my teens, is stretching the repercussions of my mis-spent youth a bit too far...
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:45 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ambiguous instructions!

More info is better than less.

If you dont recall the details from when you were 18, then just answer as best you can.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

confusedyouwillbe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
More info is better than less.

If you dont recall the details from when you were 18, then just answer as best you can.
I just knew you were going to say that!

... as long as they don't look too closely at the dates! I'm having enough trouble remembering which flaming year, let alone which month.

Cheers.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 6:54 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by confusedyouwillbe
I just knew you were going to say that!

... as long as they don't look too closely at the dates! I'm having enough trouble remembering which flaming year, let alone which month.

Cheers.
just a tip - don't forget to photocopy everything, just in case you get asked the same info again!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise033
just a tip - don't forget to photocopy everything, just in case you get asked the same info again!
Indeed... It's what happened to us, and we didn't have copies
Luckily they just wanted updates
We've got the same timeline as yours louise the way, just waiting for the PPR's...
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:12 pm

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
Indeed... It's what happened to us, and we didn't have copies
Luckily they just wanted updates
We've got the same timeline as yours louise the way, just waiting for the PPR's...
I can't believe we are so near yet still waiting!!! Where are you moving to Steve? When did you have your meds?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We're on the same timeline as you too - submitted meds etc end Jan 07.
On the addresses thing, we had to dig deep to remember where we lived at uni etc and our immigration lawyer bod said the same thing, 'do your best, but be consistent.'

Fingers crossed we all get our PPRs PDQ.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe we are so near yet still waiting!!! Where are you moving to Steve? When did you have your meds?
Med's Jan 25th. Moving to - We've narrowed it down to, as we don't have work yet, around the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), Windsor, or Kelowna BC...maybe even somewhere else! It's such a HUGE place, the map takes up a whole wall in our kitchen We hope to be out there by the summer.

How about you?

Waiting for the 'letter' is chaffing my nerves.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:55 pm

Med's Jan 25th. Moving to - We've narrowed it down to, as we don't have work yet, around the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), Windsor, or Kelowna BC...maybe even somewhere else! It's such a HUGE place, the map takes up a whole wall in our kitchen We hope to be out there by the summer.

How about you?

Waiting for the 'letter' is chaffing my nerves.
We had our meds on Feb 23rd. We have lived in Calgary now for nearly 3 years.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

We had our meds on Feb 23rd. We have lived in Calgary now for nearly 3 years.
Ah yes, Calgary, should have read your posts properly
My wife may be offered a job there, to do with oil apparently. I'm not to keen. On the kitchen map it's in the middle of nowhere
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah yes, Calgary, should have read your posts properly
My wife may be offered a job there, to do with oil apparently. I'm not to keen. On the kitchen map it's in the middle of nowhere
What if you're turned down!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:20 pm

What if you're turned down!
AaaarrrGGGGGh - thanks, I was running out of things to worry about!!!! We just figured we will have had 3 excellent years in Canada - we don't have kids so its far easier for us to up sticks and move! Calgary is a huge city, so big in fact that we are looking to move this year to somewhere a bit quieter & cheaper!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

AaaarrrGGGGGh - thanks, I was running out of things to worry about!!!! We just figured we will have had 3 excellent years in Canada - we don't have kids so its far easier for us to up sticks and move! Calgary is a huge city, so big in fact that we are looking to move this year to somewhere a bit quieter & cheaper!
I'm told the Alaskan border is usually pretty quiet...and cheap
Still staying around Calgary then?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:32 pm

I'm told the Alaskan border is usually pretty quiet...and cheap
Still staying around Calgary then?
no, we are looking at northern BC or New Brunswick. Luckily we bought our house when we arrived 3 years ago, Calgary is becoming very expensive!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

no, we are looking at northern BC or New Brunswick. Luckily we bought our house when we arrived 3 years ago, Calgary is becoming very expensive!
Yes we've heard that Calgary's getting expensive, but drive for an hour outside and it's really cheap, depends on people's needs I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.