Am I Missing something

Old Jun 14th 2001, 5:00 pm
JB

Ok..It is my understanding that a lot of educated immigrants come to Canada. Most of
them are actually get their landing paper because they are educated and have computer
or engineering work experience. I landed in Canada about two weeks ago. I had the
opportunity to talk to a lot of immigrant who landed in this country last 5-7 years.
They were able to get landing paper because of their education and work experience.

At the same time, I found a lof of unemployed landed immigrants with have masters and
PHD. I see immigrants searching for a job and most of them have been searching for a
year or two. Why does canada government encourage this kind of immigration if there
is not enough profesional jobs. Am I missing something?

Old Jun 14th 2001, 5:32 pm
Andrew Miller

You are missing the most important factor - adaptability.

Majority of immigrants who are prepared to change their lifestyle, to adapt quickly
to new environment, to learn and to compete for jobs have no problem here. Some of
them due to the lack of Canadian work experience have to start on much lower
positions compared to their last job in home country, but as soon as they gain
experience and show what they can do they are advancing rather fast.

The problem is with those who think that their Master Degree or PhD diploma will open
all doors and that every employer is waiting to hire them on at least same position
as they were employed back home. They are used to hierarchical work environment (for
example in some former British colonies) where paper diploma is more important than
skills or to job security (in some former soviet bloc countries) where everyone with
certain diploma was guaranteed appropriate job position. So, after coming to Canada
they are disappointed that nobody is waiting for them with great job offers. They
tend to live in closed ethnic communities where they can continue using their native
language, instead of moving out and start using English in every situation. They are
often exploited by their own "smarter" natives who offer them poor jobs.

Education itself is nothing if person doesn't have the skills or guts to use
it. Most employers are not really interested in paper diplomas, they are looking for
proven skills and work experience in particular field. I know many immigrants
with great diplomas who had to start on entry level positions - some are still
where they started, but majority adapted quickly and as soon as they gained
Canadian experience, proved their skills and learned how to sell themselves they
either changed employers (some few times per year) or got promoted within company
they started with. Within few years they are already well better off then they
were back home in respect to job satisfaction.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 15th 2001, 10:48 am
Littleupre

In addition to having all degrees, diploma and PHDs, it will also perhaps be helpful
to put trust in the Lord Almighty accepting Christ as your Lord and saviour and not
leaning on your own understanding, but looking to Him for all your needs!!

>
    >
    >
adapt
    >
problem
    >
start on
    >
soon as
    >
fast.
    >
    >
diploma
    >
least
    >
hierarchical
    >
    >
soviet
    >
appropriate
    >
is
    >
    >
of
    >
exploited
    >
    >
    >
use
    >
    >
many
    >
some
    >
they
    >
    >
    >
already
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Ok..It is my understanding that a lot of educated immigrants come to Canada. Most[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > of them are actually get their landing paper because they are educated and have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > computer or engineering work experience. I landed in Canada about two weeks ago.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I had the opportunity to talk to a lot of immigrant who landed in this country[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > last 5-7 years. They were able to get landing paper because of their education[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and work experience.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > At the same time, I found a lof of unemployed landed immigrants with have masters[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and PHD. I see immigrants searching for a job and most of them have been[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > searching for a year or two. Why does canada government encourage this kind of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > immigration if there is not enough profesional jobs. Am I missing something?[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 15th 2001, 2:11 pm
Benjamin Dover

Yes, one should mention this faith in the cover letter. Maybe a point system can be
set in place, say 20 points if you accept Christ as your Lord, 15 for Buddha, 10 for
Allah, 5 for others, and 0 for non-believers and doubters.

Ben Dover

"Littleupre" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 15th 2001, 4:13 pm
GI

idiot

"Littleupre" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > You are missing the most important factor - adaptability.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Majority of immigrants who are prepared to change their lifestyle, to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > quickly to new environment, to learn and to compete for jobs have no[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > here. Some of them due to the lack of Canadian work experience have to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > much lower positions compared to their last job in home country, but as[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > they gain experience and show what they can do they are advancing rather[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > The problem is with those who think that their Master Degree or PhD[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > will open all doors and that every employer is waiting to hire them on at[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > same position as they were employed back home. They are used to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > work environment (for example in some former British colonies) where paper[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > diploma is more important than skills or to job security (in some former[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > bloc countries) where everyone with certain diploma was guaranteed[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > job position. So, after coming to Canada they are disappointed that nobody[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > waiting for them with great job offers. They tend to live in closed ethnic[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > communities where they can continue using their native language, instead[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > moving out and start using English in every situation. They are often[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > by their own "smarter" natives who offer them poor jobs.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Education itself is nothing if person doesn't have the skills or guts to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > it. Most employers are not really interested in paper diplomas, they are looking[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > for proven skills and work experience in particular field. I know[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > immigrants with great diplomas who had to start on entry level positions -[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > are still where they started, but majority adapted quickly and as soon as[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > gained Canadian experience, proved their skills and learned how to sell[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > themselves they either changed employers (some few times per year) or got[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > promoted within company they started with. Within few years they are[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > well better off then they were back home in respect to job satisfaction.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sending an email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Ok..It is my understanding that a lot of educated immigrants come to Canada.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Most of them are actually get their landing paper because they are educated and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > have computer or engineering work experience. I landed in Canada about two[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > weeks ago. I had the opportunity to talk to a lot of immigrant who landed in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > this country last 5-7 years. They were able to get landing paper because of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > their education and work experience.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > At the same time, I found a lof of unemployed landed immigrants with have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > masters and PHD. I see immigrants searching for a job and most of them have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > been searching for a year or two. Why does canada government encourage this[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > kind of immigration if there is not enough profesional jobs. Am I missing[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > something?[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 15th 2001, 7:01 pm
jason

Default whats this belief rubbish?

whats this shit about belief? you either are good at something or not, finished. not christ, not allah or jehovah is gonna improve that. the onus is on the individual to use his damn brains to get somewhere. sooner you realise, the better.

Old Jun 17th 2001, 3:52 am
Littleupre

Good on you for you atleast gave the highest points for having faith in Christ and
that is exactly what it is

"Benjamin Dover" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > In addition to having all degrees, diploma and PHDs, it will also[/usenetquote2]
perhaps be
[usenetquote2]> > helpful to put trust in the Lord Almighty accepting Christ as your Lord[/usenetquote2]
and
[usenetquote2]> > saviour and not leaning on your own understanding, but looking to Him[/usenetquote2]
for
[usenetquote2]> > all your needs!![/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 17th 2001, 11:03 am
Littleupre

Who?? it must be you!! for those who put their trust in Jesus and rely on Him can
never ever be stupid.. "GI" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > In addition to having all degrees, diploma and PHDs, it will also[/usenetquote2]
perhaps be
[usenetquote2]> > helpful to put trust in the Lord Almighty accepting Christ as your Lord[/usenetquote2]
and
[usenetquote2]> > saviour and not leaning on your own understanding, but looking to Him[/usenetquote2]
for
[usenetquote2]> > all your needs!![/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > You are missing the most important factor - adaptability.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Majority of immigrants who are prepared to change their lifestyle, to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > adapt[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > quickly to new environment, to learn and to compete for jobs have no[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > problem[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > here. Some of them due to the lack of Canadian work experience have to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > start on[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > much lower positions compared to their last job in home country, but[/usenetquote2]
as
[usenetquote2]> > soon as[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > they gain experience and show what they can do they are advancing[/usenetquote2]
rather
[usenetquote2]> > fast.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > The problem is with those who think that their Master Degree or PhD[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > diploma[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > will open all doors and that every employer is waiting to hire them on[/usenetquote2]
at
[usenetquote2]> > least[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > same position as they were employed back home. They are used to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > hierarchical[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > work environment (for example in some former British colonies) where[/usenetquote2]
paper
[usenetquote2]> > > diploma is more important than skills or to job security (in some[/usenetquote2]
former
[usenetquote2]> > soviet[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > bloc countries) where everyone with certain diploma was guaranteed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > appropriate[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > job position. So, after coming to Canada they are disappointed that[/usenetquote2]
nobody
[usenetquote2]> > is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > waiting for them with great job offers. They tend to live in closed[/usenetquote2]
ethnic
[usenetquote2]> > > communities where they can continue using their native language,[/usenetquote2]
instead
[usenetquote2]> > of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > moving out and start using English in every situation. They are often[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > exploited[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > by their own "smarter" natives who offer them poor jobs.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Education itself is nothing if person doesn't have the skills or guts[/usenetquote2]
to
[usenetquote2]> > use[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > it. Most employers are not really interested in paper diplomas, they[/usenetquote2]
are
[usenetquote2]> > > looking for proven skills and work experience in particular field. I[/usenetquote2]
know
[usenetquote2]> > many[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > immigrants with great diplomas who had to start on entry level[/usenetquote2]
positions -
[usenetquote2]> > some[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > are still where they started, but majority adapted quickly and as soon[/usenetquote2]
as
[usenetquote2]> > they[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > gained Canadian experience, proved their skills and learned how to[/usenetquote2]
sell
[usenetquote2]> > > themselves they either changed employers (some few times per year) or[/usenetquote2]
got
[usenetquote2]> > > promoted within company they started with. Within few years they are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > already[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > well better off then they were back home in respect to job[/usenetquote2]
satisfaction.
[usenetquote2]> > > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > sending an[/usenetquote2]
email)
[usenetquote2]> > > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > > Ok..It is my understanding that a lot of educated immigrants come to Canada.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Most of them are actually get their landing paper because[/usenetquote2]
they
[usenetquote2]> > > > are educated and have computer or engineering work experience. I landed in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Canada about two weeks ago. I had the opportunity to[/usenetquote2]
talk
[usenetquote2]> > > > to a lot of immigrant who landed in this country last 5-7 years. They were[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > able[/usenetquote2]
to
[usenetquote2]> > > > get landing paper because of their education and work experience.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > At the same time, I found a lof of unemployed landed immigrants with have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > masters and PHD. I see immigrants searching for a job and most[/usenetquote2]
of
[usenetquote2]> > > > them have been searching for a year or two. Why does canada government[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > encourage this kind of immigration if[/usenetquote2]
there
[usenetquote2]> > > > is not enough profesional jobs. Am I missing something?[/usenetquote2]
    >