Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

am I being totally stupid? Where is my application?

am I being totally stupid? Where is my application?

Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:20 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 219
chrissyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default am I being totally stupid? Where is my application?

Hi all,

I asked CIC a question over email and got a response explaining the document they needed to see. We replied with the attached document.

After four weeks we've had a reply saying we cannot reply via email with additional documents!

But how do I know where to send the additional documents to? I called a few months ago and they said my application has "probably be sent to London".

Probably isn't good enough , How can I find out exactly where my PR application is, does it stay in Canada for the duration of processing?

Thanks
chrissyb is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:44 am
  #2  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: am I being totally stupid? Where is my application?

Originally Posted by chrissyb
Hi all,

I asked CIC a question over email and got a response explaining the document they needed to see. We replied with the attached document.

After four weeks we've had a reply saying we cannot reply via email with additional documents!

But how do I know where to send the additional documents to? I called a few months ago and they said my application has "probably be sent to London".

Probably isn't good enough , How can I find out exactly where my PR application is, does it stay in Canada for the duration of processing?

Thanks
What stream did you apply under?

Where did you send your application to and which office did you request for processing?

Have you tried checking on ECAS?

Siouxie is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2013, 8:47 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 219
chrissyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: am I being totally stupid? Where is my application?

Originally Posted by Siouxie
What stream did you apply under?

Where did you send your application to and which office did you request for processing?

Have you tried checking on ECAS?

Hi Siouxie,

it was under the PNP we sent it to nova scotia. But Im now a little confused as to whether it gets sent to the U.K aswell?

ECAS - you did reply to me on another thread about a search online to find out your status, if this is the same thing yes I have done this but it does not say where my application is
chrissyb is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2013, 8:51 am
  #4  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: am I being totally stupid? Where is my application?

Originally Posted by chrissyb
Hi Siouxie,

it was under the PNP we sent it to nova scotia. But Im now a little confused as to whether it gets sent to the U.K aswell?

ECAS - you did reply to me on another thread about a search online to find out your status, if this is the same thing yes I have done this but it does not say where my application is
Which office did you ask for it to be processed at? Ottawa or London?

From the Guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...P7TOC.asp#ep74

"... Q4 Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:

your country of nationality, or
the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year... "

ECAS should tell you where your application is, did you receive acknowledgement of receipt yet?

"... Acknowledgment of receipt: If your application is complete, it will be placed into processing. You will be sent a letter or e-mail that:

notifies you of this fact and provides you with your CIC office file number
sets out some basic instructions for contact with the CIC office processing your file gives you a brief outline of future processing steps... "

Siouxie is offline  
Old Sep 12th 2013, 4:14 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: St Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
Posts: 361
the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice
Default Re: am I being totally stupid? Where is my application?

We got residency through the Skilled Worker program, and our application was, at first, sent to Buffalo, New York, and due to the backlog, it got transferred to LA.
However, they lost some of the documents in transit, which delayed things, and we also had to redo our police checks, medical, etc. More money, and not so much as an apology! The delay meant we had to renew our TWP as it expired before the PR arrived, and as the TWP arrived 2 weeks before the PR, we didn't get a refund!
So, all in , it added about 4 months and about $600 to our costs. Welcome to Canada!
the undutchables is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.