Alternative to super visa

Old Mar 3rd 2012, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alternative to super visa

So we are looking into the super visa for my Mum, as she would like to come and stay with us for up to maybe 18 months.
She would stay with us, and we would be responsible financially for her, but as we previously thought, the super visa requires quite an expensive health insurance, with the quote we have had so far, with no deductible being over 2k!
Also then she has to go and have a medical and the costs involved with that for the super visa!
We were wondering what the chances are for her to get a multiple entry visa, and being allowed to stay for 18 mths.....or when the 6 months is coming close to being up we could apply for an extension online?
She doesnt want to emigrate as she would never leave my brother or my niece in the UK, but would love to spend time with us and her Canadian Grandaughters whilst shes still quite young fit and able!
Thanks!
x
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 4:28 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alternative to super visa

Before the Super Visa we brought over my father-in-law. He was allowed initial entry but we had to provide health insurance for him for the period of his stay of 6 months.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jim
I guess we should get quotes for regular health insurance for her stay of approx 18 months, and see what coverage she would want/need, and see how far off the super visa requirements that is!
x
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The only drawback using this route is that extensions COULD be refused.
Initial entry for 6 months ok, then application for extension to CIC Vegreville.
Depending how long is asked for could be the problem. A 6 month extension or asking for another year. Health coverage would likely be asked for at the extension stage.
Personally I would go with the Supervisa route because once she is in no extensions necessary so could not be refused.