Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

all experts,miller,pmm,jim,Please help for caips note

all experts,miller,pmm,jim,Please help for caips note

Old Oct 30th 2004, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

IWAC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default all experts,miller,pmm,jim,Please help for caips note

Hi,

According to my Caips file, the application received date was Nov 30 2001 and I Got my AOR on JAN 23 2002, BUFFALO
I will have interview on November 8th 2004.
I have received Caips file to make sure the reason for interview. Following things I did not understand from Caips file.
1. Reason for interview: recommend interview to assess employment experience-to insure program integrity. What does this mean?
2. PSDEC 1 07***2003, bdec 1 09 ***2004, seldec 0,… is this means my police and background check have done from my home country. Do you think next step would be FBI record? I couldn’t find SEC AND CRIM COLUMN please explain me.
3. According assessment record summary
AGE—10, occupational factor—10, etf—15, experience—2, a.r.e—0
Demographic factor—8, education—15, English—9, bonus—0, suitability—(nothing blank), so total 69….Do you think that I am supposed to get 70 points. Why suitability column is blank? Also priority –6 what is this mean?

4. Since they received file on Dec 30 2001 and got my AOR Jan 30. How will they assess since with old rule I got only 69. If they want to apply new rule what about IELTS (which they never ask me). I am very confused on this please explain me?

5. When I applied PR to Canada (2001) at that time I had a bachelor degree and one year of experience in programming but last three year I did my second bachelor and add 2 more years of part time experience. Will they add this toward my points or not?

thanks
Old Oct 30th 2004, 5:20 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: all experts,miller,pmm,jim,Please help for caips note

Only things done are paper screening and background (verification if credentials). It seems that background resulted in something suspicious that needs to be clarified during the interview in addition to verification of your experience. Nobody will do any police check for you in India - you need to submit Indian police certificate.

Don't pay any attention to the "summary" - those are generic entries as you don't have any yet. Your scores will be established after the interview.

First your case will be assessed under old rules, providing of course that the reason for checking "program integrity" are cleared.

If reasons are not cleared then you are most likely done, sorry.

If cleared and no pass under the old law then you will be assessed under new law, so in your best interest bring to the interview IELTS results or acceptable substitute evidence of your proficiency in English.

Nobody will add anything until you provide conclusive evidence - your second degree, sealed transcripts from both degrees, updated employment reference letter - before or during the interview.

Originally Posted by IWAC
Hi,

According to my Caips file, the application received date was Nov 30 2001 and I Got my AOR on JAN 23 2002, BUFFALO
I will have interview on November 8th 2004.
I have received Caips file to make sure the reason for interview. Following things I did not understand from Caips file.
1. Reason for interview: recommend interview to assess employment experience-to insure program integrity. What does this mean?
2. PSDEC 1 07***2003, bdec 1 09 ***2004, seldec 0,… is this means my police and background check have done from my home country. Do you think next step would be FBI record? I couldn’t find SEC AND CRIM COLUMN please explain me.
3. According assessment record summary
AGE—10, occupational factor—10, etf—15, experience—2, a.r.e—0
Demographic factor—8, education—15, English—9, bonus—0, suitability—(nothing blank), so total 69….Do you think that I am supposed to get 70 points. Why suitability column is blank? Also priority –6 what is this mean?

4. Since they received file on Dec 30 2001 and got my AOR Jan 30. How will they assess since with old rule I got only 69. If they want to apply new rule what about IELTS (which they never ask me). I am very confused on this please explain me?

5. When I applied PR to Canada (2001) at that time I had a bachelor degree and one year of experience in programming but last three year I did my second bachelor and add 2 more years of part time experience. Will they add this toward my points or not?

thanks