Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AINP application - photocopies of references

AINP application - photocopies of references

Old Sep 21st 2011, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default AINP application - photocopies of references

Hi guys,

I applied for PR via the FSW route last year. Obviously I've got more chance of learning to plan hockey and winning the Stanley Cup this year than I do of getting a visa in my passport any time soon so I'm applying for AINP through the employer driven stream.

Now, I've got photocopies of the references I got from previous employers (the originals went off to the CHC in London about 14 months ago), and also a photocopy of a reference I got from my last employer *while* I was with them. I don't have a reference post-leaving that position.

Will these be acceptable as references or will I need to get originals again? I really don't think some of my employers from ten years ago are going to want to help me again just because the Canadian immigration system is so slow...

I'm hoping a covering letter explaining along with my FSW file number will suffice... The guy at Alberta immigration didn't seem to know when I rung earlier.

Thanks in advance!