After request for Medicals

Old Dec 15th 2004, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default After request for Medicals

After you receive the request to undertake medical checks, are all the background checks/securtiy, credentials been checked?

What other actvities in connection with the application are CHC undertaking at that time?

Thanks

Majj
Old Dec 15th 2004, 4:51 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: After request for Medicals

It depends from visa post. Some visa posts issue medical forms after preliminary selection decision is made (after interview waiver or after successful interview) and some issue medical forms after decision about interview is made (waiver or required). The last task which is lately always initiated after positive selection decision is background/security check - and depending from many factors it may take anywhere from few months to well over a year. There are many applicants who's medicals expired after 12 months and they are still waiting for conclusion of security check - once it is done medicals in most cases must be repeated if already expired.

Next time you ask question give us more to work with - visa post, category applied under, when applied and what and when happened since application. All of that is important to determine with better probability answer to your question.

Relax.

Originally Posted by Majj
After you receive the request to undertake medical checks, are all the background checks/securtiy, credentials been checked?

What other actvities in connection with the application are CHC undertaking at that time?

Thanks

Majj
Old Dec 15th 2004, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It depends from visa post. Some visa posts issue medical forms after preliminary selection decision is made (after interview waiver or after successful interview) and some issue medical forms after decision about interview is made (waiver or required). The last task which is lately always initiated after positive selection decision is background/security check - and depending from many factors it may take anywhere from few months to well over a year. There are many applicants who\'s medicals expired after 12 months and they are still waiting for conclusion of security check - once it is done medicals in most cases must be repeated if already expired.

Next time you ask question give us more to work with - visa post, category applied under, when applied and what and when happened since application. All of that is important to determine with better probability answer to your question.

Relax.
Sorry, I didn\'t appreciate there were inconsistencies in the processes between the various visa posts.

I am primarily concerned with London, applied as a skilled worker Jun 03, received medicals request Aug 04 and undertook in November 04, in Dubai. Moved to Dubai in September 04.

So question will CHC London just evaluate the medical results or do they still have the various, background/credential checks to do?

Many thanks.
Old Dec 15th 2004, 6:02 am

You misunderstood my answer. All applicants, regardless which visa post they apply through must undergo all admissiblity checks. Medical check is one of them and when it is requested varies from visa post to visa post. CHC London usually asks for medicals after they make selection decision and at the same time background/security is initiated. Depending from your nationality, background, associations, activities, countries you resided in and other factors this task may take from few months to well over a year.

So, the answer to your question is - medicala are not the last task in the application process.

Sorry, I didn\'t appreciate there were inconsistencies in the processes between the various visa posts.

I am primarily concerned with London, applied as a skilled worker Jun 03, received medicals request Aug 04 and undertook in November 04, in Dubai. Moved to Dubai in September 04.

So question will CHC London just evaluate the medical results or do they still have the various, background/credential checks to do?

Many thanks.
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

You misunderstood my answer. All applicants, regardless which visa post they apply through must undergo all admissiblity checks. Medical check is one of them and when it is requested varies from visa post to visa post. CHC London usually asks for medicals after they make selection decision and at the same time background/security is initiated. Depending from your nationality, background, associations, activities, countries you resided in and other factors this task may take from few months to well over a year.

So, the answer to your question is - medicala are not the last task in the application process.
CHC London requested the medicals in August, advised that the interview was waived and requested payment of the Right of Permanent Residence fee. I am British and have mainly lived in UK apart from 5 months in US. I did provide police certificates at time of application for US regardless.

Now I will be extremely dissapointed if CHC are going to take another year before they make a decision.
Old Dec 15th 2004, 4:19 pm

It is not CHC and not even CIC doing background/security check - it is being conducted by Canadian intelligence and security agencies. It may be pretty fast (few months already passed since August) or painfully long - all depends from inititial findings. If spooks find something is your life that requires then to do a full report it will take over a year. If no red flags found and thus no need for full report then it is probably already completed.

CHC London requested the medicals in August, advised that the interview was waived and requested payment of the Right of Permanent Residence fee. I am British and have mainly lived in UK apart from 5 months in US. I did provide police certificates at time of application for US regardless.

Now I will be extremely dissapointed if CHC are going to take another year before they make a decision.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

It is not CHC and not even CIC doing background/security check - it is being conducted by Canadian intelligence and security agencies. It may be pretty fast (few months already passed since August) or painfully long - all depends from inititial findings. If spooks find something is your life that requires then to do a full report it will take over a year. If no red flags found and thus no need for full report then it is probably already completed.
In that case it doesn\'t sound too bad. Hopefully we shall hear something by Feb/Mar 2005. Did medicals in November, last month.

Thank you for your help.
Old Dec 28th 2004, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Apologies, I forgot to ask, since CISA conducted security check in August, at time of receiving medicals request, are they likely to conduct one for the UAE, considering I moved there in September 2004?

Thank you.
Old Dec 28th 2004, 5:29 am

Possibly

Apologies, I forgot to ask, since CISA conducted security check in August, at time of receiving medicals request, are they likely to conduct one for the UAE, considering I moved there in September 2004?

Thank you.
Old Dec 28th 2004, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Possibly
Blast! In that case they may request PCC\'s for my time in the UAE too!