advise re meds at altrincham

Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

flower-power will become famous soon enoughflower-power will become famous soon enough
Default advise re meds at altrincham

hi all
just booked for my stepsons medical at altrincham
I told her it was for medical and xrays;
where do they do the xrays at altrincham as he will be relying on public transport?
Also did you haved to book the xrays or were they automatically booked by the clinic?
How did you find the doctor?
YOUR EXPERIENCES WILL BE WELCOME.

pleased with the price if anyone is looking at meds soon 200 for the med and xrays
thanks
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advise re meds at altrincham

X-rays are undertaken in Manchester (St Johns Street).

We had ours at altrincham last month - they were very efficient.

Goodluck

Poppit
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
We had our meds at Altrincham in March...It went very well indeed. We had been drinking lots of water beforehand so we were relieved (excuse the pun) to be given a sample pots immediately on arrival. Or Meds were very quick indeed and then we went off for the X rays in the centre of Manchester near the Hilton. We noticed on the door of the x ray place that the DMP (MaryAdams) name was also on the door so there is obviously some link. I don't know if our x ray was booked as such as we just went along, waited for about 10mins and then the x rays were done. I do not believe that there is any fixed time you need to be there for the x rays after the medical, at least nothing that we were told about. The lady who did our medicals was good and the older chap who did the x rays was a real gentleman and very good.
Whilst being quite tall I am also quite broad so after taking my x ray in portrait orientation he realised that he needed to do it in landscape so my heart did skip a beat when he called me back in but he showed me the problem and put my mind at ease immediately.
I have to say that the medicals were the part of the process that we worried about the most from when we first applied but it went very smoothly indeed.
The surgery looks a bit shabby but at least they had some music playing to help calm the nerves before you get called in.
He'll be fine...If you want anymore details then drop me a line..Happy to give any more info that you would like.
Cheers
Tim
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

voyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the rough

As Poppit said the X-Rays are at St John Street in Manchester.

We too had our medicals there last month and found them to be efficient. It was the usual stuff: urine, weight, blood pressure, blood tests, quick press of your stomach and for some reason they measure your head! We were even taken in early for our medicals and and OH and I were in about 15 mins each.

We only had to wait about 15 mins at St John's before our X-ray.

The only painful thing is parting with the money!
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

flower-power will become famous soon enoughflower-power will become famous soon enough

thanks everyone
really kind of you to reply;
Its put my mind at rest a bit because we are not around when he goes and he then leaves for China within a week touring; Sounds as though they are eficient then!
did you not then go back to Altricham to see the doctor after the Xrays?
We live in France and when I contacted the DMP here they say we need a full day for med then off for xrays and then back again;
regards Jackie
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jackie,

No..no need to go back to the doctors after the x ray. They take care of everything and when they get the blood results back (which your son will get a copy of) then they say that is the indicator that they have everything back and will be sending it on to CHC. I know some people phoned up and asked for tracking numbers but we never bothered and got our passport requests quite quickly after that.
He'll be fine..All the best.
Cheers
Tim
Old Jun 16th 2009, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

daisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant future

Hi

is the altrincham docs on the list if not do you have a number for them please, as have rung round and most places are a lot dearer than them.

Many thanks.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hi daisychain
its on the list
heres the number 0161 928 2424
all the best
Jackie
Old Jun 16th 2009, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

daisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant future

Hi

Thanks very much!!