Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

advise on NS self employed category

advise on NS self employed category

Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

janni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advise on NS self employed category

Looking for some advise please, I notice the agri pilot scheme has been dropped by NS and you are now pointed in the direction of the self employed scheme.
To us we fall in to the farming category (horticulture)
we are planning a visit to NS this summer to investigate viability of business and for all the other sensible reasons etc.
can anyone advise on how long the applications are taking, are we talking months or years ?
thanks
Old Feb 24th 2013, 8:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advise on NS self employed category

Unfortunately, the self employment stream (CIC) is not showing the processing times at the moment (for London).

That must be frustrating, to have missed it by less than 10 days

Saskatchewan still has one: http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/farmer if you are under 40.

Alberta has one too: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...er-stream.aspx

PEI has a business stream: http://www.gov.pe.ca/immigration/ind...1037602&lang=E that might work.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the reply, that's all I had seen also, that it wasn't showing any processing times, which is frustrating.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 8:41 am
Just Joined

there doesnt seem to be that much info with the links either, especially when compared with the pei link which gives specifics on amounts of $ needed. Does anyone know any more links or details that I might have missed, other than that I can only presume that the NS self employed category is going to be very similar to the PEI
Old Feb 28th 2013, 3:28 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

What are you planning on doing as self employed?
Old Feb 28th 2013, 4:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
What are you planning on doing as self employed?
They want to farm, but the NS horticulture stream has ended
Old Mar 1st 2013, 2:12 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
They want to farm, but the NS horticulture stream has ended
I was thinking more specifically what in horticulture.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Re what do we think we will be doing self employed ! just wondered why you would like to know specifically, does that make any difference to anything ?

I feel i have to justify myself !

I am RHS qualified (diploma level), with substantial retail experience also in horticulture, and also with agricultural/equine experience/qualifications. Used to living in a rural area, Debt free, clean living and looking for a better lifestyle and future for ourselves and our children.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by janni
Re what do we think we will be doing self employed ! just wondered why you would like to know specifically, does that make any difference to anything ?

I feel i have to justify myself !

I am RHS qualified (diploma level), with substantial retail experience also in horticulture, and also with agricultural/equine experience/qualifications. Used to living in a rural area, Debt free, clean living and looking for a better lifestyle and future for ourselves and our children.
No skin off my nose. I have contacts in the industry, with several investments in hort. enterprises. Hope whatever you do works out.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Now why didnt you say that !!!
you can see it from my point of view.....why would a complete stranger want to know specifically etc.....its a brit thing !
perhaps pm me ?
cheers
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 1:08 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janni
Now why didnt you say that !!!
you can see it from my point of view.....why would a complete stranger want to know specifically etc.....its a brit thing !
perhaps pm me ?
cheers
Oh dear
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 7:42 pm
Banned

Basically, if you want advice you need to be forthcoming about what exactly it is you do or are hoping to do, and where - that is the point of a forum like this. It's not like you are identifiable or traceable

If you don't give the info how can people help you? It's nothing to do with 'a stranger asking questions' it's all to do with people having contacts, having knowledge or being able to offer assistance and advice - but only if they have the information necessary to do so.

On this forum everyone is encouraged to be open rather than requesting private pm's, that way the knowledge is shared and is available to others when they are searching.

By the way, if you look deeper into the links I gave you earlier it is very specific about the amount of investment required for each stream.

Hope it works out!

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 2nd 2013 at 8:11 pm. Reason: sp