Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Advice of where to start the emigration process to Canada

Advice of where to start the emigration process to Canada

Old Nov 16th 2017, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Helen_carl_tilly2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice of where to start the emigration process to Canada

Myself and my partner would like to emigrate to Canada and have no clue where to start. My partner is an Electrical Engineer so we are hoping that we can both go under his trade. I am a Personal Assistant and have also worked as a Flight Attendant so I don't know whether these professions would help. Can anybody help us in starting to find information of who we contact and how we go about seeing if we would be accepted? We are really keen to get the process started but we have no clue how best to go about it. Any help would be very much appreciated. Helen

Last edited by Helen_carl_tilly2015; Nov 16th 2017 at 9:22 am.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 9:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice of where to start the emigration process to Canada

Originally Posted by Helen_carl_tilly2015
Myself and my partner would like to emigrate to Canada and have no clue where to start. My partner is an Electrical Engineer so we are hoping that we can both go under his trade. I am a Personal Assistant and have also worked as a Flight Attendant so I don't know whether these professions would help. Can anybody help us in starting to find information of who we contact and how we go about seeing if we would be accepted? We are really keen to get the process started but we have no clue how best to go about it. Any help would be very much appreciated. Helen
Hi, and welcome to BE. First step is to work out visa eligibility, and the CIC website (the official government immigration site) has an eligibility test which is a great place to start - Do you want to come to Canada, or extend your stay?

Let us know what that says, and then we can help you work out visa routes etc and the next step.

Best of luck.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice of where to start the emigration process to Canada

Originally Posted by Helen_carl_tilly2015
also be aware of licensing requirements for Engineer's in Canada. These are regulated professions under federal and provincially law and taken very seriously.