advice re. PNP and BUNAC

Old May 15th 2008, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

supafly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice re. PNP and BUNAC

Hello. I am currently in Canada on a 1 year working visa with BUNAC which expires June 12 of this year, currently working fulltime in BC.

I submitted my PNP application on March 18 and received confirmation April 3, right now I'm just waiting on a reply from the PNP guys (who have just increased the waiting time to 10-12 weeks), so my question is about my options:

1) If I receive a positive reply from the PNP before June 12, will I be able to "flagpole" and thereby get a TWP immediately? Or will I need to send everything off to the CIC and have to wait another month or so for a TWP?

2) Should I still be waiting for a reply on the week before June 12, I guess I will need to exit to the US and come back on a 6 month visitors visa?

3) Is there much chance of them telling me I can't re-enter Canada with either one of these options? And if that is the case what would my options be then?

4) Anything else I should know at this point?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old May 20th 2008, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: advice re. PNP and BUNAC

Originally Posted by supafly
Hello. I am currently in Canada on a 1 year working visa with BUNAC which expires June 12 of this year, currently working fulltime in BC.

I submitted my PNP application on March 18 and received confirmation April 3, right now I'm just waiting on a reply from the PNP guys (who have just increased the waiting time to 10-12 weeks), so my question is about my options:

1) If I receive a positive reply from the PNP before June 12, will I be able to "flagpole" and thereby get a TWP immediately? Or will I need to send everything off to the CIC and have to wait another month or so for a TWP?

2) Should I still be waiting for a reply on the week before June 12, I guess I will need to exit to the US and come back on a 6 month visitors visa?

3) Is there much chance of them telling me I can't re-enter Canada with either one of these options? And if that is the case what would my options be then?

*bump* after the long weekend
Old May 21st 2008, 8:10 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supafly

you can do either, if you apply to CIC in Vegreville before BUNAC visa runs out then you can remain in canada working on implied status

they may not give you the full 6mths, depends on your circumstances, you'll have to convince officer that you won't work

Old May 21st 2008, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

hey rob - thanks for the reply.

so to confirm, i get the reply back from the PNP with all the green stickers and I can flagpole with just this confirmation hopefully?

it's getting very close to the date now so i think that will be my best option.
Old May 22nd 2008, 1:52 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

you need a confirmation lettre from bcpnp which states that they nominated you and that your sponsoring employer needs you to work with them while waiting for pr. with that you can do the flagpole thing without lmo (i posted in several previous threads about r204c of the fw manual which outlines the cic procedure for lmo exemption for pnps - i'm sorry i don't have the time for digging for that at the moment).
as far as i'm aware they don't send you that lettre in the nomination package (at least they didn't in my case (february 2007)) - you have to ask your bcpnp officer for it.

i phoned them after getting all the informations with the nomination certificate, and was told to send them the request by e-mail or fax, including a copy of my current wp and the cic office i intended to apply. their turn-around-time was less than 4 hours.