Advice re Background Declaration

Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Seaside town in Somerset, UK... but hopefully somewhere in NS soon!
FiByTheSeaside is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice re Background Declaration

Hi everyone

I have been going through the all the various forms starting to gather all the information & documents required and I have hit a stumbling block on my background declaration form... with remembering the exact addresses I've lived in since the age of 18yrs (mainly my digs when I was a student). I know i'm not the only one and have followed previous posts suggestions & google earthed to get the exact street names

How important are the house/flat numbers? I'm pretty sure I wasn't on the electoral roll where I studied. Will the street names be enough or am I going to need the aid of a hypnotist?

Thanks in advance
Fi

Last edited by FiByTheSeaside; Sep 21st 2009 at 10:06 pm. Reason: sorting a sentence that made no sense due to not previewing before i posted!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Advice re Background Declaration

Well I struggled with this also but fortunately my parents had a record of the addresses as they forwarded some post etc to me so that might be somewhere to try if you haven't already...Or do you have any letters or anything that were sent to you from back then....Just some thoughts.
Good Luck
Cheers
Tim
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Well I struggled with this also but fortunately my parents had a record of the addresses as they forwarded some post etc to me so that might be somewhere to try if you haven't already...Or do you have any letters or anything that were sent to you from back then....Just some thoughts.
Good Luck
Cheers
Tim
I don't have any letters.. had a big clear out last time we moved. my mum will prob still have them.. great idea!! but means I'll have to tell her our plans and I was putting that off till further down the line..
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Well I am sure you can cook up a little story for why you need them without giving the game away....
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Bin the "porkies" you need to tell parents at some point! Sooner is better!
I had real problems with this as well. I have moved every couple of years for the last 20 yrs if not more!
I used google earth as I could remember how to walk home (mostly from the pub) and narrowed it down that way. Can be a bit of a laff, and me and the "better" half and a good old chuckle!
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dinger24
Bin the "porkies" you need to tell parents at some point! Sooner is better!
I had real problems with this as well. I have moved every couple of years for the last 20 yrs if not more!
I used google earth as I could remember how to walk home (mostly from the pub) and narrowed it down that way. Can be a bit of a laff, and me and the "better" half and a good old chuckle!
for my student addresses I google earth walked home from the student union lol

I still don't know a couple of house numbers though.. do you think it'll be a disaster if my mum/friends can't give them to me?
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

I think the main reason you require to submit these addresses is so that a security checks can be run on them. Debts, parking fines and crimes etc will come up for the residence then these are checked against your dates of residence. I believe that is correct - can anyone confirm or deny rather than further speculating!
So if you place the wrong address number and your nice neighborly mates all smoked pot next door and never paid their bills or fines, parking tickets etc then it wont look to good on your application.
There is a way to check the address yourself as I had a black listed house a few years ago and had to get it cleared but cant remember what it was, try google!
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dinger24
I think the main reason you require to submit these addresses is so that a security checks can be run on them. Debts, parking fines and crimes etc will come up for the residence then these are checked against your dates of residence. I believe that is correct - can anyone confirm or deny rather than further speculating!
So if you place the wrong address number and your nice neighborly mates all smoked pot next door and never paid their bills or fines, parking tickets etc then it wont look to good on your application.
There is a way to check the address yourself as I had a black listed house a few years ago and had to get it cleared but cant remember what it was, try google!
hmm debts.. my ex husband ran up some when we were married in some of those addresses.. I didn't know about them until after we separated. I don't know if he ever paid them and the credit card companies didn't pursue me for them or see me as liable.. I hope those debts of his won't be a problem. my credit rating was affected for a while after our divorce but it's been a1 since.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not sure about that one. However I think that if you were divorced then the debts must have passed on to him. If they were not in your name in the first place then you should not have much difficulty in proving so, if you need to!
As I said you can check on the net I just cant remember how to do it.