Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Advice please? got new medical forms with new names?

Wikiposts

Advice please? got new medical forms with new names?

Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Ikatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant future
Question Advice please? got new medical forms with new names?

Hi,

I don't know what to do, maybe someone knows?

I have passed the medicals (me and my 4 year old son) a week ago. In the mean time, I have sent in to CIC papers attesting to my name change. Today I receive new medical forms to our new names and the standard letter asking me to hand in results of medicals.

What do I do?

-pass medicals again? (and spend another afternoon running around Paris, and spend another 200 Euro?)
-ask the doctor whether she might still have my papers, and is willing to sign the second forms as well?
-contact CIC (how), to see what they actually want me to do?

-any other ideas?

(I guess I should have waited for the name change to go through before going to the doctor in the first place -- I got overexcited at having gotten this far in the immigration process, and got an appointment right away)
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Advice please? got new medical forms with new names?

Below is a link to the office in Paris:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ions/paris.asp

I think it sounds like a case of 'crossed wires'. You need to explain to them that you have already taken your medicals and ask them to update your change of name on their records. I don't think they'd insist you'd have to do another medical exam, but you should contact them firstly and find out what they say.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Ikatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Advice please? got new medical forms with new names?

Originally Posted by kiton6
Below is a link to the office in Paris:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ions/paris.asp

I think it sounds like a case of 'crossed wires'. You need to explain to them that you have already taken your medicals and ask them to update your change of name on their records. I don't think they'd insist you'd have to do another medical exam, but you should contact them firstly and find out what they say.
thank you,

that does seem like the most logical thing to do. I got so confused when I opened the letter earlier, I could not think clearly any more. Thanks, now I'm off to use that website...