Monkeys working on my case?

Old Oct 7th 2008, 1:46 am
Just Joined

clayton336336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Monkeys working on my case?

Hello
so on the 30th of september i got an email from high commission in London telling me my application is now in the final passport request stage, ie, they requested my passport to put my PR into it, attached to the email were forms for sending in my passport...yay! we celebrated, we were so happy...

but now, today, i got a letter in the mail dated september 29th requesting I re-do my medical and provide another police check from the UK....even though just recently i had sent them these documents as they had requested them a couple months ago...(they recieved these updated documents from me on september 22)....
also online at www.cic.gc.ca, when i go to check on my application status is says 'decission made' instead of the normal 'in process'....

so my question is...are monkeys working on my case? have they lost my medical and police check? or did they send me that letter by accident? because i allready sent off my passport in response to the email.... will i even get my passport back or will they lose that too? have i been approved for PR or not?
just really worried now and wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else???
Old Oct 7th 2008, 1:50 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monkeys working on my case?

Originally Posted by clayton336336
just really worried now and wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else???
Worse. But my problems were in Canada, not London.

Post No. 10

Last edited by BristolUK; Oct 7th 2008 at 1:53 am.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:18 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Email them and ask for clarification. Given the dates it seems the email is dated after the letter so perhaps they tried to correct their earlier error.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:01 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

hi

Similar thing has recently happened to another BE member here re requesting new police checks?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=565093
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

that link was about sending the new police check..we sent them the new one, the only reason i can possibly think of for them requesting it again is that they've lost it. no wonder there's a "back log" of cases at immigrations..
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:04 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

I think you should definitely email them before seeking to provide further updates.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by the dates and the fact that they e-mailed after sending a letter the day before I think they realised their mistake...
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:03 am
Just Joined

Yeah sent them an email...just gonna wait on a reply now..fingers crossed
Old Oct 8th 2008, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Hi have you got any reason to redo your medical and police checks, have they expired if there still in the correct time frame then everything should be ok!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

no there's absolutely no reason i would have to re-do these checks now, they were expired, that's why i had had to send them new ones in the first place, so they are very recent now. I'm perfectly healthy and my police check said 'no trace' i know there's nothing wrong with my documents, they've just re-requested them for some reason... still hoping its just a mistake though and they haven't just lost the documents.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Well i would not worry to much, must be a error! Hopefully you'll get things cleared up shortly! Its a shame there no one you can contact directly, when my OH was going through her PNP she had a case worker in London she could contact with any questions.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

GREAT news!
london allredy replied to my email and that letter WAS a mistake! So i DO have my residency!!! So happy! THanks everyone for your help and concern! Still crossing fingers they don't loose my passport though..won't celebrate now until my visa is actually in my hands...
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

huge sigh of relief for you what a nightmare!!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

noname is an unknown quantity at this point

GREAT news!
london allredy replied to my email and that letter WAS a mistake! So i DO have my residency!!! So happy! THanks everyone for your help and concern! Still crossing fingers they don't loose my passport though..won't celebrate now until my visa is actually in my hands...

I thought Monkeys where working on your case, patience a virtue:curse:
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:31 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

GREAT news!
Until that Visa is in your hands its hard to believe, and I would say so especially in your case. I was much more excited getting the Visa's than PPR, as its something tangible.

Congratulations