Wikiposts

advice needed! visa forms!

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:30 am
Just Joined

kevyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice needed! visa forms!

Can anyone give advise please, im looking to goto canada with a PR, a company is willing to fill the forms etc to help me get the visa but with a 1500 pound fee, is it better too pay them an let them deal with it or try an do it your self, a dont know if this is cheap or if theres other visa companys out there that are better? Any advice would help thanks!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice needed! visa forms!

The forms are very easy to complete yourself plus CIC post a guide on how to complete them in properly
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 3:00 am
Just Joined

So its not as hard as it looks, the form mentions about a language test some sort of english test is this really needed?
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 3:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's really needed (IELTS results is mandatory for all FSW applicants, no matter where they are from) - and you'll need to get cracking if you haven't already had it done. There is usually a wait of a month or two for a test slot, and then results take another few weeks, so book it asap if you want to be able to apply under this year's quota.

As for the form filling, a good consultant will normally do much more than that (including booking your IELTS for you), and £1500 actually seems quite cheap? But it's perfectly possible to do it yourself, best thing to do probably is download it all together with the guide, and see how you feel about completing it. A lot of consultants will also do a 'form checking' service for approx £500, which may be worth considering if you don't want to pay for the full service but just to have somebody to check it all over.

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 3:34 am
Just Joined

Ok thanks a understand better now, a would rather have the consultant do the forms there the experts, my wife seems confident in doin the forms, but a wont to be certain there right, its a long post too get sent back, any idea how long it takes after sending the form? Thanks!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 3:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevyboy
Ok thanks a understand better now, a would rather have the consultant do the forms there the experts, my wife seems confident in doin the forms, but a wont to be certain there right, its a long post too get sent back, any idea how long it takes after sending the form? Thanks!
How long what takes? Sorry, not clear on what you are asking.

Presumably you are aware there is a lot more to send than just the forms i.e. the IELTS results, police checks, employment proof, education proof, identity documents, proof of funds, etc? I'm sure you are but as you've only mentioned the forms, just thought I'd check!

Also, whoever you are considering using make sure they are licensed by CSIC, and I'd also recommend you do a quick search for them on here to see what's been said about them in the past. Just that £1500 sounds quite cheap so worth checking it's not one of the ones with an awful reputation like Visa Bureau!

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 4:04 am
Just Joined

Yeah a understand the stuff thanks, were sorting most of the documents just now, i ment when you send ur pr visa away how long does it take to get granted?
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 4:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by kevyboy
Yeah a understand the stuff thanks, were sorting most of the documents just now, i ment when you send ur pr visa away how long does it take to get granted?
Ah, I see. It will depend, but somewhere between one and two years would be about the norm.