Advice on Moving to Canada

Old Aug 7th 2012, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

KetanP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on Moving to Canada

Hi all,

I am looking in to moving to Canada, and having read the CIC website and other sites, I am struggling to workout my best option for moving, and how to go about it. As the FSW is on hold, that is out the window until January 2013, and I don't think I can afford to study in Canada as a International Student. So it seems as though my options are via arranged employment or the Community Identified program for Nova Scotia.

Ideally I want to move to Ontario, however it seems as though the Community Identified program for NS is a much simpler route to Canada.

Here is a little about me:
age 26, single male, I have a Bachelors degree in Business and Marketing, and have 3 years experience working as a Market Researcher, but open to consider jobs in Marketing Communications. I have family in Ontario too.

I was considering the FSW route, however I believe my occupation does not come under the list, and it is on hold too at the moment.

I'd be grateful to anyone who can offer any advice on moving. Most of the threads I have read are people who have been sponsored by a spouse which doesn't really help me.

Any questions, please ask. Thank you
Old Aug 7th 2012, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

alidew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on Moving to Canada

Hi, I just joined the site last week and have found it a great source of information and advice.

The wiki has lots of info about different immigration routes and like you I am trying to find out what would be best. It seems to me that the only option at present is to get a job offer then apply for temporary work permit - details in the wiki. There is a lot to read about working in Canada on the web, each province's own website has been helpful for me too.

Good luck and keep us all posted !
Old Aug 8th 2012, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice
Default Re: Advice on Moving to Canada

Hey KetanP

I am by no means an immigration expert, but it seems that you have missed looking into the IEC, which would probably be the best solution for you. Have a read of this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Intern...erience_Canada

There is also an IEC thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700551

Good luck!