Advice/Help

Old Aug 6th 2005, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

iwantwork is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Advice/Help

Hello all

Newbie to the forums

My self, partner and my four children plus 3 cats plan to make the move to Ontario :scared: . We have not actually started the whole process yet but I do have few questions that maybe someone can help me with

We are a couple of points short of the magic number to start form filling. I do have enough equity in my present house to raise $100000 bond.

How long does the bond have to stay in place? As I was hoping to use this money to purchase a house in Canada if we get in.

Also I will have about $30000 to go over with.

I am an IT person and looking through jobs in the Canadian web sites there seem plenty of IT jobs out there. Also I'm cold emailing see if that helps me out as well!!!

I am prepared to go over on a work visa before our application is approved.

Anyone else got anymore suggestions that will help?

Also anyone reading these boards in IT in Canada know of any jobs
Old Aug 6th 2005, 4:23 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice/Help

Originally Posted by iwantwork
Hello all

Newbie to the forums

My self, partner and my four children plus 3 cats plan to make the move to Ontario :scared: . We have not actually started the whole process yet but I do have few questions that maybe someone can help me with

We are a couple of points short of the magic number to start form filling. I do have enough equity in my present house to raise $100000 bond.

How long does the bond have to stay in place? As I was hoping to use this money to purchase a house in Canada if we get in.

Also I will have about $30000 to go over with.

I am an IT person and looking through jobs in the Canadian web sites there seem plenty of IT jobs out there. Also I'm cold emailing see if that helps me out as well!!!

I am prepared to go over on a work visa before our application is approved.

Anyone else got anymore suggestions that will help?

Also anyone reading these boards in IT in Canada know of any jobs
If you are short of points then there is little likelihood of success unless you can find an employer in Canada willing to go through hoops for you.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

iwantwork is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If you are short of points then there is little likelihood of success unless you can find an employer in Canada willing to go through hoops for you.
Thanks for your reply ... realise that theres no chance of getting in with out the relevant points ... has anyone been lucky enough to have found an employer willing to jump those hoops whilst in the UK ?
Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:29 am
Account Closed

ClosedAccount-xyz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iwantwork
Thanks for your reply ... realise that theres no chance of getting in with out the relevant points ... has anyone been lucky enough to have found an employer willing to jump those hoops whilst in the UK ?
no, we're still looking for an employer, because we are also short of points..