Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Advice about leaving and re entering Canada pls

Advice about leaving and re entering Canada pls

Old Feb 8th 2014, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

gemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to behold
Default Advice about leaving and re entering Canada pls

Hi everyone

I'm after some advice for my mother in law if possible.

She is here in calgary and has been since October last year. She joined my father in law who was already working out here on a twp.

His work permits ends this month very soon, and his work have applied to the government for a work permit extension of 3 months so he has time to resit his redseal test for 3rd time, its been applied for with the government but no extension has been granted as yet.

My mother in laws elderly dad is very poorly and has taken a turn for worse so she needs to get back to uk ASAP, but we are all worried about her returning to canada in 10 days time and the difficulties that she may encounter at immigration if there still has been no decision on twp extension.

Can anyone offer any advice? Is she and father in law on implied status until a decision is made?

Any help ASAP would be appreciated, she really doesn't know what to do for best.

Thankyou
Old Feb 8th 2014, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

gemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to beholdgemmab1979 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Advice about leaving and re entering Canada pls

Sorry should point out father in laws twp will have expired be hire her return to Canada .
Old Feb 8th 2014, 2:21 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by gemmab1979
Hi everyone

I'm after some advice for my mother in law if possible.

She is here in calgary and has been since October last year. She joined my father in law who was already working out here on a twp.

His work permits ends this month very soon, and his work have applied to the government for a work permit extension of 3 months so he has time to resit his redseal test for 3rd time, its been applied for with the government but no extension has been granted as yet.

My mother in laws elderly dad is very poorly and has taken a turn for worse so she needs to get back to uk ASAP, but we are all worried about her returning to canada in 10 days time and the difficulties that she may encounter at immigration if there still has been no decision on twp extension.

Can anyone offer any advice? Is she and father in law on implied status until a decision is made?

Any help ASAP would be appreciated, she really doesn't know what to do for best.

Thankyou
1. She just comes back and is probably admitted as a visitor as long as she meets the criteria, funds, ticket etc.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, I guess she will have to stay in uk until the extension comes through if indeed it does, if seems costly to buy a return ticket to uk that she with be using as she lives here in calgary. Thanks for advice
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, I meant, won't be using !
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gemmab1979
Sorry, I meant, won't be using !
Just FYI, there's an 'edit' button on each post, you can use it for 2 hrs after posting if you want to amend/add something.

HTH.